Q&A for Minox ZP5 5-25x56mm THLR scope

I think the lr is a completely different scope than the zp5 despite similar specs. Pretty sure bigjimfish on sh goes into detail about that on his review, and I think form mentioned it earlier in this thread.

slowelk

WKR
I think the lr is a completely different scope than the zp5 despite similar specs. Pretty sure bigjimfish on sh goes into detail about that on his review, and I think form mentioned it earlier in this thread.

You're right. I've read that post on SH.

Shraggs

WKR
Informative, great points.

I don’t want to speak for anyone else, my affinity for NF is not the logo - in fact a couple years ago I scoffed at them, but the performance defined by less “failures “ then other products has been earned.

Maybe facilitate some of these products noted into this process, if you’re right it will be earned or get on this audiences radar.

Speaking broadly as you mentioned, just because someone leaves a firm, doesn’t mean equal products result. Aside from culture, cost of engineering and tooling to replicate a proven design - who knows what is patent protected - that may not be product specific either. Protection can be in production process. Just saying.

NF has scopes that work, and they have marketed that well. Others will minimally need to match that to be commercially relevant. Proven to the now existing bar ANd development a marketing strategy that draws us into.

Shraggs

WKR
Failures is a great question. I don’t have Forms professional expertise shooting 50k a year with multiple products. Like many hear thru PM have had more detailed discussions and I trust him implicitly.

Personally have owned many different scopes. I’ll just pick on luepy. Every one has failed that I used to own, as in loosing zero, never dialed. Yet you can find credible advocates here on rok. If we put a poll up it will be split, right. There isn’t credible controlled standards.

What I can say is I now own several new scopes as I’ve begun to learn long range. I own, trijcon (home town company and have been using for a long time), NF and swfa. Since I’ve never knowingly knocked a rifle and luepy off my tailgate a more likely case of failure for me has been bouncing in the back of truck over many miles traveled. Don’t know. So over several years I’m not at all putting these new rigs in a case, bareback on the bed snd sides rotated. This includes two trips out west and nasty mountain roads. I have not had to adjust zero on any of them.

As a consumer, this is the best I can do. Well i could drop test per this protocol - but mine have already passed. 😊

freddyG

WKR
I know this might sound crazy, but hang in there......more than one person has a "scope checker" and more than one tracking thread has been made :eek:. Are you still with me? You and I are referring to different threads. Crazy, right? I’d post a link….but…..it’s deleted.

Get with the times boomer, LOL. I'll give you a hint why NF isn't allowed to mark scopes like the 4-16 ATACR or the 5-25 ATACR as "Made in USA" anymore....because they're not made in the USA. They've walked back the statement to "Assembled in the USA” for a few specific scopes.

I spent 60 seconds on Google just for you to show you the widely known fact, LOL:

3-10 SHV
View attachment 434937

4-14 SHV
View attachment 434938

4-32 NX8
View attachment 434939

7-35 ATACR
View attachment 434940

I could go on, but any one with half a clue knows this, it’s not some closely held industry secret.
Like I said, there is a thread on accurateshooter about the very thing you are talking about. Deleting threads after pressure from NF. Nothing was deleted, UNLESS the OP deleted it by themselves.

Where do you think the Mil-spec scopes are being made right now? I‘ll give you a hint—-Orofino, Idaho. The Gov contract requires them to be made in the US. They have limited manufacturing capacity there, but they do make scopes, rings, rails etc. Nice try with your disinformation lies. I hear CNN is hiring.

As for the boomer comment, I guarantee I’m younger than you...😂😂🤣

freddyG

WKR
@TK-421

Read post #15.

Read about Nightforce’s lack of a machine shop here:

JakeM51

FNG
So how is it holding up so far?
I'm very interested in this optic considering it is an "updated" PMII that is only $3,200.

JakeM51

FNG
I can’t say that they are all all solid as this one has been (and it’s not finished), but if they are, it’s a good scope.

View attachment 477424
Yeah my biggest fear with Minox over Schmidt is consistency as far as tracking/holding zero goes.
Schmidt seems to be very consistently good even thought it has drawbacks like the tunneling.
That's why they still hold market value even though they are 17 years old.

Consistency and logistics, if anything happens Schmidt has a good service center state side, when dealing with Minox however I've heard 3 to 6 months for tracking issues.

Dobermann

WKR
I can’t say that they are all all solid as this one has been (and it’s not finished), but if they are, it’s a good scope.
And there is the new THLR-reticle scope that Thomas just alluded to in another thread here ... with a weight that he didn't even notice ... :)

THLR

Lil-Rokslider
[...] with a weight that he didn't even notice ... :)
Meaning: I didn't notice the weight because I had no interest. I just look through scopes and shoot them. When the scope isn't mine, I'm also careful with them. I doubt it is a particularly lightweight scope.

Dobermann

WKR
Meaning: I didn't notice the weight because I had no interest. I just look through scopes and shoot them. When the scope isn't mine, I'm also careful with them. I doubt it is a particularly lightweight scope.
Hi Thomas, Got it!

Any chance you can tell us what the scope body diameter will be on the new scope?

amassi

WKR
And there is the new THLR-reticle scope that Thomas just alluded to in another thread here ... with a weight that he didn't even notice ... :)
Gunwerks has a thlr themed reticle in The mk5hd - think it's called the gh1. Only MOA

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

amassi

WKR
That's my best guess, there's a gunwerks/thlr.no episode that drops tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk