Q&A for Minox ZP5 5-25x56mm THLR scope

Did you ever have this scope on a t3x lite with the factory stock? If so, how was the balance? The reticle looks perfect for the hunting I do...

BjornF16

WKR
Is this scope a significant enough improvement to go from 19 oz to this 36 oz behemoth on your KRG Bravo for lumping in the mountains?

ElPollo

WKR
I like that reticle as well and would love to see others offer something similar without the extraneous parts that make it seem busy. And in a scope that is not in the $3k price range. If Maven is one of those companies that shows real interest in taking the results from these tests to make a durable product, perhaps they would also be interested in learning from other reticles like this one. There is no patent on the German post reticle. The key seems to be thick lower and and side bars to ensure it’s usable at low magnification, a reasonable and useable mil scale within for windage and elevation, and an aiming point that does not obscure too much of the target or hits around the target.

The huge tree reticles are too busy for me and don’t seem to have much utility in hunting situations. I’m not likely to be holding for wind and elevation at the same time. And like most here, I’m not likely to hold for 10 mils of elevation (probably not more than two). If I am holding for more than 3-4 mils of wind I just shouldn’t be shooting at anything.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Did you ever have this scope on a t3x lite with the factory stock? If so, how was the balance? The reticle looks perfect for the hunting I do...

I haven’t, but I would. A factory T3 lite with this scope would be 8.5 lbs. That is toattsly worth it for the capability. However, I do want to state again that this is just one scope. I can not say that all or most would work correctly.

I haven’t, but I would. A factory T3 lite with this scope would be 8.5 lbs. That is toattsly worth it for the capability. However, I do want to state again that this is just one scope. I can not say that all or most would work correctly.
I’ve had two of these with issues. 2/2 were QC issues, but issues regardless. Moved into NF and haven’t looked back

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Is this scope a significant enough improvement to go from 19 oz to this 36 oz behemoth on your KRG Bravo for lumping in the mountains?

For me, yes. That’s what I did this year. And will will next year as well. If weight truly matters or where the range is mostly 600 and in, the SWFA’s are the option. However, for shooting past 600 regularly, this thing offers capability that makes it worth it.
The SWFA 6x and 3-9x MQ’s are small’ish and light’ish, reliable and durable, hold zero, and have a reticle that is usable in pretty much all lighting conditions. I can’t say that putting a $3k plus scope on a hunting rifle will get most a measurable advantage in shooting animals, and for the normal hunting rifles I would stick with normal scopes. BUT, for use where I will shoot past normal ranges, I do like a bit of weight and find 8.5-10’ish pounds to be about right.

The real thing with this is the total package, the Master Sporter stock, 20” light barrel, suppressed, and the scope/reticle make this the easiest to hit with in the field rifle from 0-1,200m I have used. It’s 11.5lbs as it sits, and I will be carrying it for sheep this fall…

Last edited:
OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
I’ve had two of these with issues. 2/2 were QC issues, but issues regardless. Moved into NF and haven’t looked back

What specifically was wrong?

What I have seen were not truly functional issues, but shouldn’t have happened regardless.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Good question, seems like an awesome scope, just HUGE, good test results, thanks for the test Form.

She a big girl.

Love that reticle.

And what I like about that 6xc is the flawless metal to wood fit and the perfect finish on the stock.........:LOL:

No doubt. I am meticulous with my things, and it’s very important to keep things pristine.