Q&A for Minox ZP5 5-25x56mm THLR scope

BjornF16

WKR
Last edited:
OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Your last post in the evaluation thread indicated you were going to explain the ranging features of the THLR.

“I will get into some of the ranging features in the next post….”

Was that only the standing man ranging?

Ah, yes. As PRM stated it’s for ranging people. I do need to finish it, thank you for reminding me.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
ok thanks. I'm on Kahles k318i #2 having to go in for warranty. of course a month before my stone sheep hunt so im trying to find a replacement. :mad:

Ah. Well if it’s any consolation…. I’ve yet to have a Kahles be worth a flip..

madcalfe

WKR
From being shipped (in factory NF box, and additional packaging by EuroOptic).
View attachment 426465

All four that went down were ATACRS. Happened just a couple weeks ago.
View attachment 426466

And if you get a lemon, you’ll just need to sue and sign an NDA to get a replacement.

No brand, scope line, individual scope is immune.
Lol, yea. I’m on Kahles #2 in 1.5 years. And I literally baby it. As much as I love it I don’t think I can trust them. Which is a shame because they track amazing, are excellent optically. But aren’t strong at all.

BjornF16

WKR
View attachment 426465

View attachment 426466

And if you get a lemon, you’ll just need to sue and sign an NDA to get a replacement.

Stormtrooper (aka TK-421),

I’d wager it didn’t leave NF in that condition.

Ram94

WKR
View attachment 426465

View attachment 426466

Probably still held it's zero though.

Imagine what kind of shape a Leupold would've been in from the same abuse 😂

Fair response, thanks. I have no skin in the nf debate, until they make a decent ffp hunting reticle they're not really an option for me.

freddyG

WKR
Not my scope. I can guess like everyone else and say that the package was probably handled roughly. I don't recall any pictures of the packaging, and like many of these NF threads, I think that one is now deleted. There was a big thread on Accurate Shooter (I think?), and a bunch of the BR NF had a really tough time holding zero. That thread is now gone too. Those 4 ATACRS that had water infiltration were part of an IG story that's no longer there. Go talk poorly about NF on some of these other forums and see how long you last. It's a real thing.

People like to pretend like NF (who doesn't have their own factory to manufacture scopes) is somehow immune to failures. Speaks very highly to their marketing. Inevitably, someone will say "failure rate is lower with NF", which is backed by zero data or facts. Just make believe. Similar to "a loopuld wudda been even more broker". Weird justifications that people make.

Oh, and by the by, I'm not a NF hater, my latest scope purchase is an ATACR. Maybe I should say another ATACR. I was shooting it this morning. I might even buy more in the future too. I've also bought a lot of scopes from a lot of other manufacturers (Tangent Theta, ZCO, Kahles, Vortex, Leupold, Bushnell, Nikon, etc.), and I will continue to do that as well.
If you are going to post lies, at least make them believeable. Look up Alex wheeler on accurateshooter. He is the one with the scope checker. No posts were deleted, unless the OP deleted them by their own choice. The Nightforce competition scopes did have initial zero holding problems, and Nightforce did not admit to it. They just fixed every scope that came in while saying nothing is wrong. That’s what they have always done/do, as do other manufacturers.

As for Nightforce not having a scope manufucturing facility, maybe you need to take a trip to Orofino, and take a factory tour.

ChrisAU

WKR

Never mind, looks like B&H has it wrong. I was curious because I saw an LR posted on SH for sale and I wanted to look at specs. Google’d up the B&H page and was like wait a minute…

slowelk

WKR
Never mind, looks like B&H has it wrong. I was curious because I saw an LR posted on SH for sale and I wanted to look at specs. Google’d up the B&H page and was like wait a minute…

Is it only the reticle (which is posted wrong on BH)?