PSA for Solar

JohnDough

FNG
Yeah that seems crazy. Good luck moving and trying to sell your place with a solar lien on the house. What’s the life expectancy of solar? In 20 year I bet the technology is ancient. Then it’s time for a new 20 year policy!

There is no solar lean on my house. Further, my estate has appreciated significantly more than the $30k or so that I owe at this point. The sale would not be problematic. The warranty for my panels is 30 years production guarantee. Which means they should be producing 80% or more then, what they were, new, and if not, will be replaced by the company free of charge (the company that made them, not the installer, yes, I called to verify with Silfab). I bought my panels in 2019, SIlfab SLG-M 370's, and they are rated at 19% efficient. Currently, available soon, the best panels for civilian use (NASA has some @40% panels, of a different design, not suited), are going to be rated at 24.9%. This represents a 6% increase in efficiency over 5 years. Solar panel efficiency YoY gains have gone WAY down from their inception, and 2019 felt like as good a time as any to buy, at that point.