Port Strike

IDVortex

WKR
I bet most of the guys are on here at work.
I'm a county worker. I don't work in the first place.
Hoarding has already begun. Can't find TP locally 🙄
They're the ones who think only a 2 party system will save America. And that the other party is evil even though the two parties are the same but different color and name.

#isaidwhatisaid

As a guy whose been in the private side of trades, and who has and still owns a business, unions and non unions are both great, both have trash. From what I can tell, the big wigs with the union and strike are more worried about their egos then anything else.

One thing I dislike about union uppers (not the workers) is the fact of their need for power and control. They're as bad as a politician, and only politicians are good as a wind chime in a tree.

BBob

WKR
That obnoxious union boss with the gold chains I keep seeing/hearing sure isnt helping their cause.
I know it's the Post but it's showing the sentiment for this guy isn't strong and a bad look. I honestly hope the guys get a reasonable deal and this guy doesn't sink it.

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
I read "port strike" and my first though is 'shit somebody blew up a port'.

I mean, I've been trying to live under a rock, but an act of war should still come up on my radar.

I forget what a privileged and spoiled world we live it.

USMC-40

WKR
‘disregard for common folk’??? That might be the most communist thing I’ve heard in a while. If you want a $500M Christmas bonus - go be a CEO.
500 million dollar bonus?! The disregard for common folk is just getting completely out of hand. You only get a bonus of that size and proportion if you've been compromised and have cut some throats here and there along the way. Makes you wonder.

bozeman

WKR
Not many want the anxiety, pressure and 24/7 workaholic mentality of a CEO, they just want the money. Nothing more than covetousness, it rears its ugly head in many ways.

I've yet to see any credible sources for that $500 million bonus. If you look up his salary, public info since its a publicly traded company it shows the CEO of MSC made approx $5mil last year......

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
Not many want the anxiety, pressure and 24/7 workaholic mentality of a CEO,
I find this amusing. I bet most CEOs would curl up in a ball after one crappy ED shift or a single 24 hour period of military operations. They cultivate the cultist idea of their specialness. Like most people, they can do what they have trained for, take them out of that, and like most people they will fail. For most of them, the stales are pretty low, if they fail, they don't have to watch people die and get maimed, nor will that happen to them (unless delivered by their own hand).

I don't begrudge them what they make, but I absolutely refuse them a dignity or worth higher than my brothers who were layed to there final rest under the Stars and Stripes.

I also get amused at the union workers for very similar reasons.

Life doesn't work were those who hazard the most get the most, but when the privileged who have start extolling why they deserve it publicly, well it sounds like people serving themselves a plate of their own shit.

Of course the complicated bit is our society teaches us all to look after amd sell ourselves as something special. Even I'm not immune to the charms of my excrement.

As the verse carried by Dwight Eisenhower said "Put you hand in a bucket of water clear up to the wrist, pull it out, the whole that remains is how much you will be missed."

cfounta1

Lil-Rokslider
Not many want the anxiety, pressure and 24/7 workaholic mentality of a CEO, they just want the money. Nothing more than covetousness, it rears its ugly head in many ways.

I've yet to see any credible sources for that $500 million bonus. If you look up his salary, public info since its a publicly traded company it shows the CEO of MSC made approx $5mil last year......
$500 mil makes the story sound better... funny how stories can deviate from facts

KsRancher

WKR
So if am I getting the union mentality correct. These union guys would be happy if the electric companies, gas companies, grocery stores, etc all.glt together and said. We aren't going to sell anything to the people unless we can get what we consider "the right amount". Unions are just a legalized way of price fixing. I don't see how both sides hands are dirty when one side was strong armed into being made to use union labor when they didn't ask for it.

bozeman

WKR
I find this amusing. I bet most CEOs would curl up in a ball after one crappy ED shift or a single 24 hour period of military operations. They cultivate the cultist idea of their specialness. Like most people, they can do what they have trained for, take them out of that, and like most people they will fail. For most of them, the stales are pretty low, if they fail, they don't have to watch people die and get maimed, nor will that happen to them (unless delivered by their own hand).

I don't begrudge them what they make, but I absolutely refuse them a dignity or worth higher than my brothers who were layed to there final rest under the Stars and Stripes.

I also get amused at the union workers for very similar reasons.

Life doesn't work were those who hazard the most get the most, but when the privileged who have start extolling why they deserve it publicly, well it sounds like people serving themselves a plate of their own shit.

Of course the complicated bit is our society teaches us all to look after amd sell ourselves as something special. Even I'm not immune to the charms of my excrement.

As the verse carried by Dwight Eisenhower said "Put you hand in a bucket of water clear up to the wrist, pull it out, the whole that remains is how much you will be missed."
Finding it amusing just lets me know you don't know many Fortune 500 CEO's.....I have had the privilege to meet and dine with several. Vast majority are workaholics and started from the ground up, not afraid to work. I am all for paying workers for their labor, but this is outright extortion. They timed this with the looming election to get the response from the White House knowing the votes they would lose if they enact the Act to get them back working. Gotta give them a thumbs up on strategy/timing for sure.

No one has mentioned a comparison to a soldier fighting on the front lines so no clue where that is coming from. That could apply to 98% of Americans.

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
Finding it amusing just lets me know you don't know many Fortune 500 CEO's.....I have had the privilege to meet and dine with several. Vast majority are workaholics and started from the ground up, not afraid to work. I am all for paying workers for their labor, but this is outright extortion. They timed this with the looming election to get the response from the White House knowing the votes they would lose if they enact the Act to get them back working. Gotta give them a thumbs up on strategy/timing for sure.

No one has mentioned a comparison to a soldier fighting on the front lines so no clue where that is coming from. That could apply to 98% of Americans.
Note, I nocked the unions as well. You effectively made the argument that CEOs some how justly deserve what they get, and everyone who doesn't get it is just unwilling to put in the work.

My point was plenty of people work harder and hazard more for significantly less. How much CEOs make has nothing to do with deserving, before you get righteous again, that applies to pretty much everyone and to much more than money.

Having dinner with someone teacher you very little about them, but congrats on rubbing shoulders and dropping names. You can keep that pissing match. While not true, let's just assume I have never shared a tablet with a fortune 500 CEO because it doesn't matter to this conversation.

Hydra6

FNG
I know one thing... American made goods don't get held up at a sea port!
Those ships sail both ways and do not sail empty. The US Paper Industry exports a lot of paper, pulp, and finished good out of those ports which are not "down". Be interesting to see if Paper Mills start closing down as they are not going to build inventory. There are US paper mills that only make TP so tell your ladies not to panic.

The irony of some members is comical. Complaing in one thread how they can't make enough money and wages are low where they live, then bashing unions in another thread. :unsure::ROFLMAO:

*zap*

WKR
you can still hustle and make $ in the USA but it is harder than it used to be and you cannot keep enough of it because of the cost of things....