Pics of fluted barrels that have been threaded?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’ve seen it discussed that you can get threaded barrels cut/threaded, maybe even collared for 5/8x24 but I guess I’ve missed the pictures of it.

Can you post up pics if you have done it? I have a tikka with a fluted barrel I’d like to get shortened up.

KHNC

WKR
I had to a pay a bit more for my T3X in blued non-fluted because my GS said he couldnt thread into the fluted section. I have since found a GS that actually knows what he is doing an can do it. Already had bought the non-fluted barrel tho.

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I just realized what you are actually asking…. Shortening an existing fluted barrel to have threaded. My bad
My bad, yes. It's early and The coffee hasn't quite kicked in.

Looking for pics of barrels that have been cut off in the fluted area. I have a t3x that has a 24.3" barrel, I'd like it to be 18" which is a few inches into the fluting.

TX_Diver

WKR
6.5cm superlite at 19" ish... Think it had to go 1/2x28 but don't remember 100%.

fL46W99h.jpg

I’ll post pics tomorrow evening of my buddies 22-250 superlite that he had shortened into the flutes and threaded. It is 1/2x28 tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom-D

FNG
Has anyone had it cut down and had an end cap or muzzle break machined to look like the end of the flute again? If you get what im saying