Photography- one photo a day

slick

WKR
6e0527fb01954e8b987867aa26dc0c80.jpg

charvey9

WKR

not sure on this one...this was in sheep herding/grazing country and my best guess is that a shepherd, with lots of spare time, stacked these rocks to make a windbreak...?? or some sort of blind for hunting, but faced in the wrong direction.

in any case, some of these rocks were pretty good sized. I am not sure I would be to comfortable in there as the walls were higher than my head if I sat down in it. someone went to a lot of work stacking rocks for this. I wish I knew its purpose.

Looks like it would make a great setup for smoking or roasting meat on the mountain.

Awesome photos Grouch! What's your shelter setup in that first photo? Looks like a megatarp, but I wasn't sure. And what nest is that?

It is a Megatarp, the nest is a Bear Paw Wilderness Designs 1.5 Net tent with silnylon front and rear. Hands down the best combo I've ever ran. I'm having John at BP make another with a door both front and rear so I'll have easy access to the rear area of the megatarp.

Logan T

WKR
I've been gone a while since I've moved, haven't had internet since the middle of June.... so here's a few pics. First one is playing around on the computer. The deer and elk pics are from just over a month ago all public land. The breaks in Montana are a lot different than the mountains like I'm used to, but hold some solid critters.

Logan T

WKR
Going to try this on my phone..... Been watching this buck and his big brother from the earlier pics a couple days ago since Saturday morning. Closest I've been able to get is 82 yards. They haven't left one window open for me to close the distance any more. Just need one mistake!