Photography- one photo a day

IChaseCoues

Lil-Rokslider
Latest from the great state of AK.
b2ce8fca22c5d7d6bb89392345743a8f.jpg

colonel00

WKR
That's a huge bivy :D Love the photo. I really want to learn how to take some like that. Care to share some details like lens and settings?

That's a huge bivy Love the photo. I really want to learn how to take some like that. Care to share some details like lens and settings?

Thanks Brad,

My buddy Mike was running that setup. Not even sure what brand tent it is. It looked pretty light and roomy with inner tent removed.

I shot that photo during the new moon approx 10 days ago.

ISO 4000
12mm (24mm equivalent on full frame)
f/2.8
10 seconds

Camera was E-M5 Mark II, with the 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO lens.

Best,

Eric

Fine pictures indeed!

Apology for a question: Could someone explain how to load or attach full-size images (like seen) into a post? Mine always end up as thumbnails which must be clicked. Thank you.

Fine pictures indeed!

Apology for a question: Could someone explain how to load or attach full-size images (like seen) into a post? Mine always end up as thumbnails which must be clicked. Thank you.

Most use photobucket, flikr, or another external hosting site. I prefer google as I can upload without losing any resolution, but its fairly complicated to make it work. Photobucket has the bbscript for embedding photos for you to copy and paste right there on the page.

colonel00

WKR
Most use photobucket, flikr, or another external hosting site. I prefer google as I can upload without losing any resolution, but its fairly complicated to make it work. Photobucket has the bbscript for embedding photos for you to copy and paste right there on the page.

I used Photobucket for almost everything but I will be moving to Google which I have used as well. Photobucket is easier but I'm tired of paying for it. I just have too many photos stored and they keep wanting more money for more space. You can get 1TB from Google for like $10/mo and I think 30 or 50GB for $1.99/mo. Plus, I'm hopefully getting Google Fiber soon so the storage will already be included.

To post from Google photos, I just right click the photo and choose to Copy Image URL. This is using the Google Chrome browser so it might be different in other browsers. Then on the forum just type "
". Not as easy as just a copy and paste from Photobucket but relatively painless.

Here is an example from Google. If you hit Reply With Quote, you can see the Img tags.

McPo8ECUdUM9CHKWihzbzpZdSdds9cHV7OJxVjOXDxypIgj-CY6qSUMpiB6TXHRtTDaUbeUK6t1kQOexhn4HiwNXxFvPcu6WB-0ohYZld1wY0FabX504jcVDXF2z4RYCjNJWw0TewcqQwzVv78owls9oJaVHCCyaMw22lqyF1hUQtI3jk-TcIwptqfneEn3F0T2zMiL3QPEyJNyCftzCcE_taQ7I1OwUEsl0yOD7MM9ds_rI4yVVpZzDgGTvBBQ2sR0pQ8EXsp--iYD1156MhJ0jTaVJFuADZmFvbN7QUxZaDJpeGcNWB3dUAMsXj7wNBe_cQY9a9w-fFNUCUz8T5SbkWvaVT9pAPhvUIbtXgbb9-w1ecgaDj-6DPQ07vZ5aw4fqvm81LfMlWEQqYkYV3V8Pc0Wo3PpoZ8UFnEXHT30yMlq20Zlp501vNVcyroApbD9CXcSgNJSa2xZp7R0yl-uG_zqwno6JcU_GVd29CnbdEpuZPBuxxx71BcrgUfCSeP5e4iEqRkrd6gCIWVOnpvIPPCjs0wM4_pShgcV0eRI=w1567-h881-no

And Photobucket:

IMGP6381_zpskeqtun8v.jpg

To post from Google photos, I just right click the photo and choose to Copy Image URL. This is using the Google Chrome browser so it might be different in other browsers. Then on the forum just type "
". Not as easy as just a copy and paste from Photobucket but relatively painless.

Yeah, I have had added storage from Google for 8 years which is 50GB for $5/year. As far as embedding goes, I usually like to also add link for full resolution, so it would look like this:

[URL=https://...][IMG]https://...[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

colonel00

WKR
Ah, yeah I can see that typing that would be a pain. I'm surprised that Google hasn't embraced the simple linking like Photobucket.