Paper tuning and nock fitment

Recluse

FNG
In recent paper tuning attempts, I realized the factory Black Eagle nocks were causing a severe right tear with my bow

When I switched to Nockturnals, which fit looser, the right tear cleaned up A lot. I now have a slight low tear.

Can anyone recommend non-lighted nocks that fit better than Black Eagle's?

Marble

WKR
Need to go get the specs off the website and see how deep and wide the throat of the nock is.

If there is an archery shop near you,go there and test fit different nock to find one that has the right feel.

To avoid nock pinch, having nock points tied in above and below the D loop and having a nock that fits can usually fix the issue.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

In recent paper tuning attempts, I realized the factory Black Eagle nocks were causing a severe right tear with my bow

When I switched to Nockturnals, which fit looser, the right tear cleaned up A lot. I now have a slight low tear.

Can anyone recommend non-lighted nocks that fit better than Black Eagle's?
Kinda depends on your serving. I like the AAE 4 for micro .166/5 arrows and GTip nocks for .246 arrows. What happens to your arrow when you draw it back with no field point or insert in it? Does the end lift off the rest?

TJ

WKR
You might look at Bohning nocks. They make a double throated nock that essentially has two steps in it.
I’ve been using them for years. I have never liked a nock that fit too tight on the serving.

i used x nocks in my rampages. They fit better. You can also get beiter nocks in different throat sizes.

I find Beiter nocks to be really forgiving on serving diameter. They are soft, but maintain their shape.

Ultimately you need to have a serving material that mated with your string type and strand count produces the correct diameter.