Nock Fitment 4MM Axis Long Range

JFo22

FNG
Recently purchased a new V3X 33 and 4MM Axis Long Range arrows. Not sure if it makes a difference or not, but I also ordered it with different color strings and serving from Mathews. Anyway, the nock on the "Long-Range" arrows and on my "6.5 White Out" arrows seem to be pretty tight on the serving on the factory strings. I'm thinking about re doing the center serving for better nock fitment. Could anyone recommend what size serving I would need? Would like to also know if someone could tell me what size the factory center serving is? I noticed that the arrows would rise and move around when I draw the bow. I redone the soft nocks and D loop to see if it would help. Didn't really make a difference. Haven't had a chance to shoot the bow at any distance yet due to weather. I was extremely impressed at how quick I had it shooting "bullet holes" through paper though. Didn't have to make a top hat change out of the box. Just had to move the rest down slightly. Thanks for any help.

first, I would say if its shooting good don't mess with it. don't create a problem to fix a problem. since I myself have to tinker lol I will say it will be easier to just change nocks to get the right fit. if you just really want to change your serving then you should measure what's there now with a mic or caliper and adjust accordingly. sorry, I don't know what they use size wise for serving.

OR Archer

WKR
The nocks should snap onto the string. If you pluck the string and the arrow easily releases your nock fit is fine. If you do decide to reserve I’d use .018 size serving. I prefer BCY 62x for center servings.

Cant help you on serving size here and agree tight fit to the serving is not a good thing. But if the arrow is rising up it sounds more like you are getting nock pinch from the soft nocks and d loop. In my experience the tight nock fit to center serving issue will show more in horizontal movement and the tight soft nocks/nock pinch will result in the vertical movement you described.

Bump79

WKR

I'm not a big fan of redoing center serve.. I never seem to get it right. These guys offer a test kit of different nocks. You can test a few different ones out.

I think nock fit is incredibly important. More so even than vane selection but that's just my experience. Probably the most overlooked thing in setups.

OP
JFo22

JFo22

FNG
Once I re tied my soft nocks and D loop to where there was a little clearance to make sure there was no nock pinch, I noticed that the nock was still pretty snug on the serving. It took a little more force than what I'm used to, to move the nock up and down on the string. Watching videos on how to test the nock fitment by using a small pluck to release the arrow. I noticed it's taking more than a small pluck to release.

More than likely you have a .018 serving size. If you got colorful strings you probably have a lot of dye, which increases the diameter of the string bundle.

Might try some .014-.015 range.

Your arrow rising up is a function of nock pinch tho.