One item you wish you carried sooner?

pcrossett

Lil-Rokslider
Silky Pocket Boy foldable hand saw. Can use it for cutting wood, brush, help with field dressing/processing. Not too heavy either.

From Minnesota originally so I am slightly biased but I like the Sven Saw, same thing in that it is super easy to pack and helpful for just about everything.

pcrossett

Lil-Rokslider
This. Makes me wonder how much game I missed glassing w/o a tripod...

I got one at the end of the season last year and was goofing around with it on an off day of skiing in Jackson at the elk refugee north of town, it kind of hurts knowing the difference now from what I was doing before. When you're running and gunning obviously there isn't enough time to set it up but during scouting trips or the middle of the day I really wish I would have had it last year and am looking forward to having it this year.

mskads

FNG
Electronic noise amplifying earmuffs, with loud noise cutout. The noise amplifying part can get a little annoying after a while on a windy day, but they are sure nice when it's a calm day, to hear a little better (I have bad hearing). Not to mention, having the hearing protection for when you fire your rifle. And they'll also keep your ears warm on cold days, and allow you to wear a ball cap rather than a beanie.

Four small things:

1) My EDC flashlight - the Streamlight Microstream. I carry two with me on hunts, and one every day. It blows my mind how often I use this thing...probably every other day at least, for all sorts of things you wouldn't think of until you have a flashlight on you all the time. They're bright, tiny, lightweight, and cheap - only about $35. The pocket clip also folds back on itself, allowing you to clip it onto your hat.

2) Curved sutures - I have them for my medical kit, but they've been most useful thus far for emergency gear repair on heavy stuff like webbing and leather.

3) Tagaderm Dressings - These things are priceless for wound care, as they cover a relatively large area, they keep dust and water out while keeping antibiotic ointments in, and are flexible. In areas where you're not putting rub on the edges, they'll stay put for a week or more.

4) New Skin Liquid Bandage - Think of this as flexible superglue for small wounds. It's incredibly good on things like scrapes, burst blisters, hangnails, and small cuts. It keeps junk out of the wound, and provides a surface layer that allows you to still do work without irritating the wound, in a lot of cases.

ThunderJack49

Lil-Rokslider
quilted pants liners from an army surplus store. they weigh almost nothing, are extremely warm and can be used as a pillow or a rear pad. Many times ive just handed them to cold hunting partners. I think they were 7$.