One item you wish you carried sooner?

Kurts86

WKR
Backup water filter/ filter tablets. This has burned me twice in a unit where the sediment destroys sawyer squeeze filters.

bard

Lil-Rokslider
Ditching the water bladder/Hose and going with a combo of 2 platypus 2L bags as well as a nalgene and hip belt holster. Can't stand sucking out of the hose. Taste like crap. has froze up on multiple trips to the point of being useless. The Nalgene is a bit heavy but I justify it with multiple uses. It is also used as a tape holder and gets the hot water treatment and into the quilt on cold nights. and ramen on the top of the hill and into the coat to keep warm while glassing.

Te Hopo

Lil-Rokslider
A little container of Aloe gel.
I'm usually good about applying sunscreen on hot dayd and using Chapstick but after one trip with a real cold dry wind that left my face painfully tight and miserable I started chucking in a small container of Aloe gell.
Now at the end of the day I can give my face a quick rub down and within minutes I'm feeling refreshed and comfortable

bow_hiker

FNG
Mine is a good med kit with a tourniquet. Took a first timer out a handful of years ago and he was a medic. One afternoon we got talking about all the things that can go wrong and how hard it is to get help to you in a lot of places. I got educated real quick when I got back and carry a kit I know how to use now.
But there is a bunch of great things listed above.

summs

Lil-Rokslider
When tracking, being light as possible is a must. Wool bibs and a fanny pack with a water bottle hoslter. But switching to a small runners backpack and a water bladder has been a big improvement. When moving slow, hearing the water sloshing in a yeti drove me crazy,

ThunderJack49

Lil-Rokslider
Mine is a good med kit with a tourniquet. Took a first timer out a handful of years ago and he was a medic. One afternoon we got talking about all the things that can go wrong and how hard it is to get help to you in a lot of places. I got educated real quick when I got back and carry a kit I know how to use now.
But there is a bunch of great things listed above.
Tourniquets really should be more common than they are. I live in an area with lots of grizzly, and there's a fatal attack in the area about once a year, so I always have that on me. Also very handy if you shoot yourself. Guns and TQs go hand in hand in my mind.