Official Montana 2024 Draw Thread

What season will you be hunting this year?

• Archery

Votes: 44 31.2%
  • Rifle

Votes: 38 27.0%
  • Both

Votes: 59 41.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I linked the rules above. Which why I continue to buy points and essentially will always have a "wasted" year. Which is why I wish the 25% could go to anyone. Not just zero pointers.

My understanding is if apply with 0 points, I cannot buy a preference point during the points only period. Is this incorrect?
You are correct, you can NOT buy a preference point during the points only period if you applied for tag that year.

finner

Lil-Rokslider
They aren’t redrawing. If the combo draw got jacked up they would’ve never started the limited permit draw. The results of the permit draw hinges on people have a combo license
This is an unjustified amount of faith in FWP

GoatPackr

WKR
The sad part is Idaho gets all the crap for crashing. They aren’t the only ones.
We've had the same problem in WA.
I'm thinking these states don't run the draw. They pay a contractor to do it all and typical government the low bid gets the job rather than best value.
Most likely the draw is being done in Russia or India.

Kris

Usi05

WKR
So now 1 backdoor way (which I am not convinced of) shows a tag and my emailed list from App all show general elk tag. If I missed the permit that is fine...Just need a general!!

ericthered

Lil-Rokslider
We've had the same problem in WA.
I'm thinking these states don't run the draw. They pay a contractor to do it all and typical government the low bid gets the job rather than best value.
Most likely the draw is being done in Russia or India.

Kris
Much like our elections. Outsourced to Germany :/