Off season for the dogs

OP
Jason Snyder
Not totally familiar with the German scoring but I am aware 10’s and 11’s are the goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A 199 is the maximum score, and is exceedingly rare. Out of 3-400 dogs entered in this test each year it might happen once a decade.

The offseason officially ends Thursday morning.

Last edited:

IanCOLO

FNG
A 199 is the maximum score, and is exceedingly rare. Out of 3-400 dogs entered in this test each year it might happen once a decade.

The offseason officially ends Thursday morning.

Great job and enjoy what the training brings to the hunting season.

TSAMP

WKR
Got out in slightly more hospitable habitat today, a mowed sunflower field. Big dog locked in a rooster and little dog ran in and ruined it.

The cover is thick and I am sure he wouldn't see the other on point. I think I need to put him on lead and come from behind the other dog, but on a wild rooster that's awfully optimistic from a timing perspective.

1000004216.jpg

OP
Jason Snyder
The cover is thick and I am sure he wouldn't see the other on point. I think I need to put him on lead and come from behind the other dog, but on a wild rooster that's awfully optimistic from a timing perspective.
It’s early in the season. I’d give him a few more opportunities to figure it out on his own before I did the check cord.

IanCOLO

FNG
I’d save the check cord for training sessions. The only thing that is mandatory for me right now with hunting our puppy is that he will come when called. Outside of that I’m letting him figure things out on his own. If he points a bird for even a little bit for me I’ll probably shoot it as long as he’s not too close when it flushes.