Non-stick frying pans

How long does a non-stick pan last in your home?

• That goal is way too aggressive for us

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • A few cooking sessions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One month

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Maybe a year

Votes: 48 37.2%
  • Gave up, went back to cast iron

Votes: 58 45.0%
  • Over a year

Votes: 19 14.7%

• Total voters
We have tried several different brands from expensive to cheap with all about the same results. They work great for about 6-8 months then then get tough to clean for a few more months. Then frustration sets in for another month. Then it gets put out in the field for target practice.

We primarily cook with cast iron but bought a set of three JA Henckel Granitium frying pans from Costco last summer. They're holding up very well and I don't see any reason that they won't last us another couple of years.

Try the Madein brand (the ones used on the television series CHOPPED). We've been using em for years and they never stick. NEVER! But do not use metal instruments or place them in the dishwasher. Hot water and a paper towel is usually all you need. Have some that are many years old and still work perfectly. Pricey but worth every cent. Get the set of three. https://madeincookware.com/products/non-stick-frying-pan/set-harbour-blue

BTW...I also own a commercial kitchen that employs 28 staffers and we use these there as well.

OXN939

WKR
I have three ceramic pieces by Green Pan, and they've been going strong for over a year. As mentioned above- use wooden utensils, hand wash and always keep out of any machine. Ceramic helps avoid all the cancer causing chemicals in Teflon and other petroleum derivatives too

go_deep

WKR
We get about 10 years out of highly used fry pans, but have 2 that are around 20 years old. All of them are pampered chef pans.

Trr15

WKR
Cast iron is my go-to, but I have a couple carbon steel pieces that I like. No need for anything else as far as I’m concerned.

D_Dubya

Lil-Rokslider
We’ve gone back to primarily using cast iron, we use it most meals that we cook. With regular use and a truly good season on it it’s a great non stick. It did take quite a bit of effort and time to get seasoned correctly but once done it’s pretty much bomb proof. After washing I usually spray a quick shot of cooking oil on it and put on the stove on low for half an hour. When we go truck camping the same pans go with us.

Mosby

WKR
I love cast iron and carbon steel but my wife doesn't. I do buy All Clad when I can find them cheap at TJ Maxx and my wife gets a couple years out of them.

Rich M

WKR
We always laugh that my dad is the end of a nonstick pan. If he cant scratch it on a weekend trip, it is solid.

There are some semi-stick pans w tough coatings.

We do use cast iron and straight stainless steel too.

We use All-clad and just replaced one (the go to used for almost every meal) after a few years of heavy use.