Mule Deer - Rifle

OP
ProStaffSteve

ProStaffSteve

Lil-Rokslider
858C6150-A2C8-48CD-A621-A14C80239344.jpeg
Idk about a BOAL, but I’ve never seen a wider buck in MN. Some other fud was a bit smarter than us, he had the nerve to ask us for help pulling it to the road 🤕

Rich M

WKR
Idk about a BOAL, but I’ve never seen a wider buck in MN. Some other fud was a bit smarter than us, he had the nerve to ask us for help pulling it to the road 🤕

Pretty rack. Good on you guys for helping him - karma is real. I agree that he shouldn't have asked 2 guys to miss hunting time to drag a deer. If he'da gut it, would have been an easier drag. The sled helps too.

We found this one along side the road in CO 2019, on a muley hunt. Big body, 18-19, maybe 20 inches inside. Impressive enough to stop for a picture. Not a lot of WT where we were but some. More muleys.

That's my hunting attire - made me laugh, stark contrast from what most guys wear in the photos.

1102191101.jpg

Pretty rack. Good on you guys for helping him - karma is real. I agree that he shouldn't have asked 2 guys to miss hunting time to drag a deer. If he'da gut it, would have been an easier drag. The sled helps too.

We found this one along side the road in CO 2019, on a muley hunt. Big body, 18-19, maybe 20 inches inside. Impressive enough to stop for a picture. Not a lot of WT where we were but some. More muleys.

That's my hunting attire - made me laugh, stark contrast from what most guys wear in the photos.

View attachment 542630

Not to hijack the thread, but the reason most guys aren’t running around in that kind of attire is because blue is the one color deer see better than any other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ProStaffSteve

ProStaffSteve

Lil-Rokslider

View attachment 542630
Took a shot on a WT a hair smaller on that. Beautiful buck! I had the cool clothes but had repeated scope/shot issues & other issues. I come from hunting in a large backyard so I have lots of edges to smooth out. I’d hunt in blue just as quick! I find people who have time to hunt and are close to good opportunities hunt in what they have. Guys like me who really want to get into hunting more end up spending a pile of money bc we have so much invested in the trip already

OP
ProStaffSteve

ProStaffSteve

Lil-Rokslider
Not to hijack the thread, but the reason most guys aren’t running around in that kind of attire is because blue is the one color deer see better than any other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Anti camo & a trad bow, I think you just invented a new style 🤠 imagine taking an elk in bright blue at 20 yards

OP
ProStaffSteve

ProStaffSteve

Lil-Rokslider
Wanted to bring this thread back up. So unsuccessful in MT! Nbd. Plan going forward is as follows, preparing for a CO elk hunt 😅 OTC. I want to tack one additional hunt on. Per recommendations Arizona looks like my ticket, looking towards the easy to pull tags, what sort of bucks constitute shooter deer? I’ve seen monsters online, but also understand drought & other factors limit quality in high pressure zones. Any pics? What would a “shooter” look like in your opinions?

air rn

FNG
What about Texas. Loving chasin west Texas Mule deer. Have ro be with an outfitter we do MLD tags

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Rich M

WKR
Steve - I've got 2 3-day hunts this year, that's it. WY antelope and FL rifle whitetail.

WY draw is still an option. Not all areas were wiped clean by the winter.