Non resident OTC archery elk is over in Colorado

lol, just set the precedence to take away all OTC to residents and non residents. Which is honestly good. But one thing most residents aren’t understanding is this isn’t going to fix anything, over crowding nope. They are going to take the last 3 yrs average of non resident tags used in units and a lot that amount of tags to non residents in those units. It’s really not gonna change much for a few years until they can see how it’s impacting herds.

Be the same thing they have done in all the other units that have gone to draw, except there won’t be a 75% 25% ratio cause those tags will be 100% for the non residents since residents can buy otc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, just set the precedence to take away all OTC to residents and non residents. Which is honestly good. But one thing most residents aren’t understanding is this isn’t going to fix anything, over crowding nope. They are going to take the last 3 yrs average of non resident tags used in units and a lot that amount of tags to non residents in those units. It’s really not gonna change much for a few years until they can see how it’s impacting herds.

Be the same thing they have done in all the other units that have gone to draw, except there won’t be a 75% 25% ratio cause those tags will be 100% for the non residents since residents can buy otc

That’s what I was thinking too. With those numbers it just went from OTC to a gimme second choice. No points lost, no less hunters, no effect on point creep, same as it always was.

That’s what I was thinking too. With those numbers it just went from OTC to a gimme second choice. No points lost, no less hunters, no effect on point creep, same as it always was.

Ya it’s just going to consolidate X amount of hunters into hunt codes. They will know how many non residents they have in each unit, my biggest issue is the residents BETTER start filling out their hunt surveys or it’s going to get worse and worse. I am a resident and I am an outfitter, but I’ve been preferring all draw for many years, I think this state should be 100% draw for every tag.

When it comes down to it the system isn’t supposed to support every single hunter whether resident or non resident the system is supposed to support the wildlife. Idc about the crying it’s my state I pay taxes, or it’s my state my land, cry cry cry. We all know non residents foot the bill for wildlife, OTC is nice so I can hunt every year but I’ll still hunt every year if it goes to draw I’ll just pick and choose my tags year by year. Just think all the non resident that don’t draw archery are just gonna go OTC rifle lol the resident archery guys all said they would do the exact same thing. So rifle will be slammed killer even worse, but the resident bow hunters won’t have to worry, just the wildlife will suffer.

I bet at the end of this BGSS everything will turn to draw, it will be a 75% resident to 25% non resident for choice 1, after that it will be a free for all, the state will have to pull in income from non residents and if they can slip it to get a higher non resident quota they will. I’d be surprised if this didn’t happen by year 4, but CPW will want a 3 year average then atleast a talkil of 1 year.

Weldor

WKR
Did not Coloradro try the draw thing and it failed in the 90's , to much revenue lost? I'm good either way, been in a draw system here in AZ. forever. It sucks but it's the only game in town.

Did not Coloradro try the draw thing and it failed in the 90's , to much revenue lost? I'm good either way, been in a draw system here in AZ. forever. It sucks but it's the only game in town.

If they start losing revenue they will just make resident tags increase a ton, tons of residents say they will pay $500/tag long as they get to hunt. Which will make the crowding issue worse. Instead of 1 resident holding 4 possible tags, they will only have 1-2, so that’s 2X as many residents.

Opportunity is only shrinking across the west, this is another example of that. When hunts go from OTC to draw, demand increases, interesting lesson in human psychology there. Nonresidents are an easy target, another lesson in human nature, but we need more hunting opportunities not less.

Opportunity is only shrinking across the west, this is another example of that. When hunts go from OTC to draw, demand increases, interesting lesson in human psychology there. Nonresidents are an easy target, another lesson in human nature, but we need more hunting opportunities not less.

So for you it’s about getting a tag, not conservation of wildlife?

Residents are the stakeholders. Non-res traditionally foots the bill, but residents are the voters. So yes, they’ll be the protected population.
How do you propose more opportunity without increasing crowding and maintaining healthy herds?

Ya, and in some units they'll be allotting more NR tags than what hunted there previously OTC. So those units will be more crowded than before.
When NM went to draw for deer, it became a war zone. Thus the reason I started bowhunting and quickly discovered elk

Residents are the stakeholders. Non-res traditionally foots the bill, but residents are the voters. So yes, they’ll be the protected population.

Well we seen how the “resident stakeholders” made such an educated decision with wolves lol now if it was only voted on by sportsman that would be a different story

The biggest issue I see is most sportsman are not making a decision based on science, they are doing the I want want want, when I listened to the commission meetings I never heard any of those guys say for conservation, for wildlife or anything to that nature. It was I want MY TAGS and I want them every year and I want them cheap as possible and I want non residents out. But conservation didn’t seem to matter one bit…. I mean that’s how it sounded to me, I’m sorry but it was like 5 yr olds in a store stomping their foot