Non Hunting Brand Pants

AZGUY

Lil-Rokslider
I ran across some Columbia Global Adventure Pants today at Bass Pro and snagged a pair to take hunting with me for an archery hunt down in Southern AZ that will be between 40 and 70 degrees. They seem very, durable, quiet, and LIGHT while being a cheaper alternative at $60 to the Tiburons and Valhallas just with less pockets. They also have a water resistant finish on them as well which I may not be able to test as it will most likely be dry. Ill let you guys know how they work out after the hunt.

http://www.columbia.com/Men's-Global-Adventure™-Pant/AM8230,default,pd.html

Last edited:

atothek

FNG
Those look pretty cool, I'm interested to hear how they worked out for you. Unfortunately they don't have my size :/ good luck on your hunt!

Rbelt280

FNG
Another good non-hunting pant is the Mountain Hardware Piero pant. I've owned a pair for 2 years and I wear them all the time. They're incredibly tough and comfy. I've worn them moose hunting in the fall and shed hunting in the spring. We canvas some areas with tough, thick underbrush that destroys pants. Never wear gaitors and the pants still look new. I wear them to business meetings as well. I hate to sound like a MH sales person, but these pants are incredible.

topher89

WKR
Arborwear Tech Pants are awesome synthetic pants and Mountain Khakis are awesome rough use canvas pants

I have a pair of Magellan Trekker pants I purchased at academy here in tx for 25$, regular price. These things are amazing! Wind resistant and breathable, they dry very fast, usually dry when I take them out of the Washer. Even though they are nylon, they are as quiet as cotton.

JWP58

WKR
Another option I've used is Tru-spec BDU's. They are water resistant, stain resistant, not lightweight, and have a ton of pockets. I like wearing them while bird hunting.

brushape

WKR
i found a single pair of nice tan pants on the clearance rack at rei recently they were originally $100 and were on sale for $49. they are the exact same matterial as the sitka ascent pants but not such a baggy fit and also have a belt built in. I am really in love with them especially since after my dividend they were only $10 and have been choosing them over my standby hunting pants almost every time since

Stid2677

WKR
The 511 Traverse pants are a great choice for outdoor activities. They stretch and dry very quickly, they are NOT cotton like most of the 511 line, but are made of 4-way stretch blend of durable nylon and flexible spandex. My favorite for non camo pants.

http://www.511tactical.com/traverse-pant.html

NEhunter

WKR
Anyone know of a pant that would be similar to the Kuiu guide pant in solids that is relatively quiet too?

OP
AZGUY

AZGUY

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah the thing that always seem to be lost is the quietness when it comes to these pants. NEhunter, the Columbia Global Adventure pants are pretty similar to the Kuiu Attacks but may be a tad bit lighter.

Tinbanger

FNG
I just got a couple pair of Columbia cool creek 2 pants. At less than $30 a pair with the coupon sierra trading post has, they should great.

The 511 Traverse pants are a great choice for outdoor activities. They stretch and dry very quickly, they are NOT cotton like most of the 511 line, but are made of 4-way stretch blend of durable nylon and flexible spandex. My favorite for non camo pants.

http://www.511tactical.com/traverse-pant.html

Be liking the5.11 taclite line . Long and short pants. Kind of a blended ripstop

n2horns

WKR
Kuhl has good pants the renegade and raptr. I tried both and raptr is a tad slimmer cut and renegade is just a little more roomy. Raptr is 2 way and renegade is 4 way sttetch. Either is lightweight. Their khaki color has a green hue to them. Id stick with breen or brown or dark kahki.

Tje 5.11 look interesting too. May have to order them. Since thise have larger cargo pockets how do the pants compare to kuiu attacks?

AZ Vince

WKR
Buddy of mine wore a pair of lightweight "hiking" pants on a coues deer hunt after I told him Carhartt.
The areas I frequent tend to either stick, stab, bite, or sting you so I've not had need, or desire, for a lightweight hiking pants. All pants are quiet if you aren't out moving around. :) Needless to say my Buddy won't be wearing lightweight hiking pants again on a coues hunt. If I hunted a different environment I'd look at either BDU's or for really light maybe some Prana or Mountain Hardware type pants.

Stid2677

WKR
Kuhl has good pants the renegade and raptr. I tried both and raptr is a tad slimmer cut and renegade is just a little more roomy. Raptr is 2 way and renegade is 4 way sttetch. Either is lightweight. Their khaki color has a green hue to them. Id stick with breen or brown or dark kahki.

Tje 5.11 look interesting too. May have to order them. Since thise have larger cargo pockets how do the pants compare to kuiu attacks?

The 5.11 Traverse pants are very similar to my Kuiu Attack pants. The Attack pants have thigh zips to vent which I like and the 5.11 does not have thigh zips.

Here are side by side photos.

P2120415_zps1c8de192.jpg

P2120417_zps56dfe552.jpg

P2120419_zps55a683a8.jpg

P2120418_zpsc44cee49.jpg

Steve

Yeah...good luck with that. Arizona is unique, everything there stings, bites, catches and pokes ya. Won't catch me in any light pants there, not even my Sitka Gear. I wear Cartharts and Nat Gear...something absorbent for when (not if) I bleed.