Kuiu Pro Bush Pants - First Impressions

Ho5tile1

Lil-Rokslider
At first glance they remind of the stone glacier pants.. looks nice steep price tag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Benjblt

WKR
Mine just came in. They fit me better than all the othe kuiu pants that I own. .. not like skinny jeans. Not baggy though. Love the dual vents. The pockets are nice. Maybe a touch deep. The heavy duty fabric seems a bit noisy.

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

Warren

Lil-Rokslider
I order/received these and find the sizing a little different their norm. I typically wear a 34 in Kutana, attack and attack pro, and axis. I got these in a 34 and they feel BIG. I'm going to order a 32 to compare. I had the same issue with the guide pants. Other than that they are bomber. The inside hip vent, and these hidden zippers are really nice addition. The boot clip at the bottom seems convenient as well. I'm not really a suspenders guy but rather have the option of them at least.

Lots of folks say this fit like the kutana and I 100 disagree. The kutana are much more "fitted" and tapered than these brush pants. I'd say they fit more like the attack Pros, or the Talas pants.

MIbowhunter4954

Lil-Rokslider
I tried mine out yesterday. I agree, they fit a little big. But given the feel of the material, I don't mind. It almost feels like rain gear on the inside against your skin. If it weren't for the ample venting, these things would be intolerable.

As for function, I'm a little disappointed. To call these brush pants is a bit much. These were designed to save the material against brush, not the user. I had countless, and I mean countless, thorns penetrate and poke me. The good news is that the pants look brand new.

My $30 pair of Field & Stream pants are way more protective, but they don't breathe. Everything is a trade off I suppose, but these Kuiu pants left a lot to be desired for the price tag.

I tried mine out yesterday. I agree, they fit a little big. But given the feel of the material, I don't mind. It almost feels like rain gear on the inside against your skin. If it weren't for the ample venting, these things would be intolerable.

As for function, I'm a little disappointed. To call these brush pants is a bit much. These were designed to save the material against brush, not the user. I had countless, and I mean countless, thorns penetrate and poke me. The good news is that the pants look brand new.

My $30 pair of Field & Stream pants are way more protective, but they don't breathe. Everything is a trade off I suppose, but these Kuiu pants left a lot to be desired for the price tag.
That's disappointing to hear thorns penetrated. I was hoping these would work for a warm weather upland hunting pant. I need them to stop sand plum thorns and not allow briars to grab.

MIbowhunter4954

Lil-Rokslider
That's disappointing to hear thorns penetrated. I was hoping these would work for a warm weather upland hunting pant. I need them to stop sand plum thorns and not allow briars to grab.

I'll let you know when I find a solution. The kuius aren't what you're looking for