No coffee?

herdbull

FNG
They weigh 3 oz, and that is for a 600ml cup (which is bigger than the sea to summit at 480ml). We have a single vented lid, and used to have the hot lips shields until a ground squirrel chewed them up....we haven't missed them much, as the top rim of the cup tends to stay cooler anyways assuming you don't fill it totally to the brim. I like the larger size while remaining lightweight, and while they don't insulate as well, I find this means they warm up your hand more if you wrap your hands around them while you drink. We don't typically take coffee away from the tent to glass, so it doesn't need the added insulation.

Becca,
where did you get a vented lid for a single walled Snow Peak? I'm searching hard to find a single walled cup/mug you can use directly over a flame that has a lid. Snow Peaks current lids only work on the double walled mugs which can't take the flame.

Thanks

bowuntr

WKR
I worked the graveyard shift for more than a dozen years and became a champ at drinkin coffee.... way before energy drinks were even thought of. I always have folgers singles in my pack.... don't always have time to make a cup but it sure is good when I do.... Ed F

Shrek

WKR
No coffee ? No way! I can't tie my laces much less hunt without my coffee. If I don't get my coffee I will have a headache bad enough to make me sick. Via is some good stuff!

CtP

Lil-Rokslider
I've got 30 vias for 7 days at 5 oz. definetly worth the weight.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Holy crap, I'm happy with 1 a day...you opening up a backcountry Starbucks?

Let me tell you, CtP can put away the java :) Can't complain for the weight of those VIAs though, and when it's nasty cold, sleeting or blowing outside, there is nothing like a hot cup of coffee for a pick me up!

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Becca,
where did you get a vented lid for a single walled Snow Peak? I'm searching hard to find a single walled cup/mug you can use directly over a flame that has a lid. Snow Peaks current lids only work on the double walled mugs which can't take the flame.

Thanks

Sorry for my late response, herd bull....
Luke couldn't remember where we picked up the lids, but I did a google search and found one that looks identical to what we use: http://snowpeak600lid.webs.com/
We have the vented one...

Jujawa

FNG
I use Starbucks VIA as well. But if you want the caffeine kick without supporting Starbucks, bring some NoDoze caffeine pills. I think each pill is equal to one cup of coffee. You get the morning kick you need, especially if you are addicted to coffee, but without paying for Starbucks and no time lost when breaking camp in the morning.

I use Starbucks VIA as well. But if you want the caffeine kick without supporting Starbucks, bring some NoDoze caffeine pills. I think each pill is equal to one cup of coffee. You get the morning kick you need, especially if you are addicted to coffee, but without paying for Starbucks and no time lost when breaking camp in the morning.

Thumbs up.