NM Attempts to Abolish Game and Fish

dtrkyman

WKR
I'm in Santa Fe and pretty sure I am not completely clueless? I am a transplant though!

I wouldn't live here but the wife likes it, easy enough to drive outta here!

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
It'll be ok once Colorado's wolves get established and push down into NM and wipe out the smaller Mexican wolves they're trying to protect. Liberal's heads will explode once that happens

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I hope the navajo and apaches have that shit on lock down.
mexican grays are actually pretty cool

WKR
What good are these wolves again? They are a huge suck on G&F resources and a detriment to humans…a big negative…but the woke NM gov is clueless.

I don't know what "good" they are but I do like wild places and wild creatures, so I support natural ecosystems to the greatest extent possible, whether anyone gets any "good" out of them or not.

However, where we were once islands of settlement in a sea of wilderness, we are now islands of wilderness in a sea of settlement. That means proactive management is a must.

What that means in practical application is that I support having some wolves and I support killing some wolves. The same with grizzlies and cougars.

In WA stare the problem is the commission is appointed by the governor and approved by the senate (if they get around to it!. The governor is anti hunter and the senate is controlled by his party. It is a very hopeless feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WKR
Why do all you Texans come over here then, I have heard Texans call New Mexico their state park!
Near as I can tell, they seem to like to go to various Rocky Mountain states to pee "Texas #1" in the snow.

Mojave

WKR
Why do all you Texans come over here then, I have heard Texans call New Mexico their state park!
I am actually from Wyoming, but I have lived in New Mexico for 4 years this trip, and lived here in high school for a few years.

I hate that Texans act like it is their state park. Especially the Cloudcroft/Ruidoso area because that is the closest area to my house.

I wish there was a way to control how they act in the Lincoln National Forest better. I have been on multiple hunts in unit 34 and had huge swaths of Texans in side by sides or jeeps ruin stalks. I think they should closer 34 during the hunting season to non-hunting traffic. If you don't have a tag, you can't come in the forest.

Mojave

WKR
Poor New Mexico so close to Texas so far from heaven
Poor New Mexico so close to Texas so far from heaven

This is actually a common Bumper sticker in New Mexico.

No one likes the fact that we are close to Texas.

No one likes the fact that we have lib-tard government and voters that ruin our state. We have unmatched natural resources, but our close proximity to Texas really sucks. Nevada and Arizona have the same problem with California. We aren't alone.

Coues123

FNG
I don't know what "good" they are but I do like wild places and wild creatures, so I support natural ecosystems to the greatest extent possible, whether anyone gets any "good" out of them or not.

However, where we were once islands of settlement in a sea of wilderness, we are now islands of wilderness in a sea of settlement. That means proactive management is a must.

What that means in practical application is that I support having some wolves and I support killing some wolves. The same with grizzlies and cougars.
An old rancher said at a public comment meeting on wolf reintroduction. He was fine with wolves on his private proprty if, those that wanted wolves would be just as enthusiastic about a strip club next door to their house so he could come and enjoy some wild creatures, howl a little bit and then drive home and not care what happens in their neighborhood.

WKR
An old rancher said at a public comment meeting on wolf reintroduction. He was fine with wolves on his private proprty if, those that wanted wolves would be just as enthusiastic about a strip club next door to their house so he could come and enjoy some wild creatures, howl a little bit and then drive home and not care what happens in their neighborhood.
Having worked for several old Wyoming ranchers in my youth, and known quite a few more, I don't doubt that's exactly what he did say.

Was this an Arizona rancher? If so, he's going to be frustrated because "El Tigre" is starting to drift back in. Slowly, to be sure, but it appears he's coming. That puts El Tigre under the endangered species act and not a reintroduced population.

Last edited:

Ten Bears

WKR
I have spent a decent amount of time in NM over the years. Absolutely love the landscape, history, food, etc. and hunting.

What stands out to me is how the affluent white liberal women cloaked in white linen and turquoise jewelry saddled on Subarus have effectively modern day colonized the working class there. This chasm seemingly grows every visit. Hopefully Game and Fish can survive these oppressors as they ruin everything they touch.

bentarrow

FNG
Looks like all the western states r tryin to abolish hunting and fishing. It's like a cancer and is growin. We the minority. Stand up and shout. Fight and fight again till lambs become lions.

Trueglide

FNG
Wtf!? In minnesota it’s the republican’s trying to pull this shit, especially as it pertains to fisheries. They want to abolish the DNR and privatize our waters. So don’t go thinking this is a one sided political thing. Both parties cater to themselves.

Trueglide

FNG
And, for those of you who disagree that both parties only give a shit about their interest and not that of their constituents- the bill is authored by both a dem and a republican (Crystal Diamond- must be her stripper name)