NFL on Peacock 😡

It is BS, but ESPN and Prime cost money- haven't seen anyone b!tch about that?
I’m your guy. Go to the CFB thread. I’ve only ever had antenna. Can watch a dozen CFB games every Saturday all season and then they make you buy ESPN for the playoffs. I was able to find a free month YouTube tv trial. Used to be a big NCAA BB tournament guy too, but now they went exclusively to TBS and TNT and I don’t even bother. It’s garbage, but I suppose they own it so they can sell it as they wish.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
This Black Friday I got a deal for peacock and paramount for 50% off for a year. One was $30 one time and the other is $2 a month. Not bad since we don’t have cable. I think it’s a deal considering the other content.

My gripe is that unlike cable the games are all over the place. For example neither of those services had the broncos patriots game. They seem to have rights based on when the games are and not by teams or any logical consistency unless you pay triple for an all access package.

tony

WKR
I can't imagine wasting 4 hours or more watching millionaires chase a ball around and then bitch how bad they have it. All on the backs of folks making pennies compared to what they are paid.
I do love that the browns have wasted over 200 million on a perv that hasn't even played a whole season.

I grab the highlights on ESPN, that's all I need.

Buzby

WKR
Pro sports (especially the NFL) is a money grab. I can’t imagine why anyone is surprised or angered about this.
The NFL doesn’t exist just to entertain you, it exists to get your money.

2ski

WKR
Pro sports (especially the NFL) is a money grab. I can’t imagine why anyone is surprised or angered about this.
The NFL doesn’t exist just to entertain you, it exists to get your money.
One could make the argument that most entertainment costs money.

2ski

WKR
I can't imagine wasting 4 hours or more watching millionaires chase a ball around and then bitch how bad they have it. All on the backs of folks making pennies compared to what they are paid.
I do love that the browns have wasted over 200 million on a perv that hasn't even played a whole season.

I'm more or less with you. I haven't really watched a whole NFL game in a few years. Last night I watched UFC fight night, then the Montana state men's basketball game, then kind of the NFL game.

BOYCOTTED.

We have Peacock because we watch motocross and Supercross. We watched Supercross, which was on at the same time. Saw zero adds paid to the NFL.

Pretty sure exclusive streaming always results in less viewers and destroys long term income. College ball moved to ESPN? We just stopped watching those teams. You also lose new viewers of the sport, which reduces generational new viewers.

Exclusive streaming = slow death knell.

OP
ArcherAnthony

ArcherAnthony

Lil-Rokslider
You can get internet everywhere on the face of earth. Peacock sent me an email today, $2 for 1 year unlimited streaming. It's entertainment not a birthright. I Understand if some don't choose to participate.

No starlink is not available everywhere. But thanks for playing. Also if you think everyone can afford starling then you must be sheltered to the fact that there is poverty in our country.

Axlrod

WKR
BOYCOTTED.

We have Peacock because we watch motocross and Supercross. We watched Supercross, which was on at the same time. Saw zero adds paid to the NFL.

Pretty sure exclusive streaming always results in less viewers and destroys long term income. College ball moved to ESPN? We just stopped watching those teams. You also lose new viewers of the sport, which reduces generational new viewers.

Exclusive streaming = slow death knell.
HaHaHa
The "new viewers" are the ones that never had cable or antennas. They ONLY watch streaming. Heck most of them watch it on their phones. Exclusive streaming is all there is going to be, and it is very profitable.

how come ESPN can do it but peacock and Amazon can’t?

Why do I have to pay 200$ a month for satellite to get espn but 10$ to peacock is unfair?

OP
ArcherAnthony

ArcherAnthony

Lil-Rokslider
how come ESPN can do it but peacock and Amazon can’t?

Why do I have to pay 200$ a month for satellite to get espn but 10$ to peacock is unfair?
To make you happy I will go and add ESPN to my original post. As I agree!

HaHaHa
The "new viewers" are the ones that never had cable or antennas. They ONLY watch streaming. Heck most of them watch it on their phones. Exclusive streaming is all there is going to be, and it is very profitable.

Live TV that you have to pay for? If you aren't already buying Peacock and not yet a fan of the NFL? We'll see.

Jbehredt

WKR

I’m with you. I only need enough information to pour salt in the wounds of the football fans in my life. Can’t wait to ask my pastor how his browns did this morning!

OP
ArcherAnthony

ArcherAnthony

Lil-Rokslider
Just to be clear. I have all the streaming services (except amazon) that's a story for another day. But im fortunate enough to live in an area where that's possible and have the income to support it. Like I said in my other posts I have family that doesn't have access to internet at home or the extra income to support multiple streaming services. Yes I know it's hard for some of you to believe there are people out there that can't afford some things we take for granted.

Axlrod

WKR
No starlink is not available everywhere. But thanks for playing. Also if you think everyone can afford starling then you must be sheltered to the fact that there is poverty in our country.
Looks like it's avail. in 99% of the continental US, in all of PA including the "mountains" of PA.
The cost is $120/ month which is slightly more than I pay for traditional internet in the mountains of Montana. As far as poverty, I understand that. But I pay way more than my fair share in taxes, which the government says they have been using to combat poverty for over 60 years.