New underwear ideas??? - treat yo junk right!

zacattack

WKR
So I usually wear under armor boxer briefs working out the 6 inch boxer jock and me undies boxer briefs for everyday.

For hunting and multiday use, the UA boxers aren’t working. Sweat, chaffing, bad juju.

So I need some new skivvies. What do you recommend? I plan to experiment a bit with my junk during hiking season and then buy a few pair of what works. So far I have tried:

- I tried the old first lite wool versions, no good
- sitka seems OK
- Patagonia capilene works OK

What else should I try?

I’ll throw in another vote for ex officio give and go mesh. Most other longer length tend to ride up my legs and get all bunched up but these don’t. I’ve also used them for several days in a row while camping and they do pretty good.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Without a doubt, for me synthetics are a big no go. I've been using my 100% merino Core 4 boxer briefs for the past 10 years probably. I only use these for hunting season so that they last. They work great. I've never had an issue while wearing these, and I also always wear my lightweight merino base leggings over them. With synthetics I can't even go a normal at home day without swamp butt.

I have a few pairs of the long Duluth Bull Pens and have really liked them. Wore them on some hunts out west this year and they did great. You can catch them on sale for around $10 a piece

fatlander

WKR
Duluth bull pen armachillos are fantastic. They’re pricey though.

I’ve found the Calvin Klein micro plus is hard to beat for the money. You can get a three pack for about 15 bucks at TJ Max.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First lite sucks. 1st they run large.
Then its ether 9" or 3"
Well my boys hung clear out of the short ones.

Black ovis ones may work for some but they do not have a taint pocket, the seam runs front to back without the diamond shape.
16 miles in 2 days I almost hit the SOS button to get out of there I was so raw.

Tried the armachillo last yr. Comfortable maybe if you can wash and freshen up everyday.
Backcountry 4 days I had a heck of a rash.

I'm using the Minus 33 merino now and they seem like they're gonna work.

granite7

Lil-Rokslider
Last year I switched to ExOfficio Give-n-Go Sport Mesh 6” boxer briefs. They cradle the junk comfortably and breath really well. I’m comfortable and dry all the time.

Catchfish

WKR
Plus one for smart wool 150’s also tried the black Ovis but they aren’t as comfortable as my 150’s. I have skinny legs and they are tight on my thighs. I also like the stoic brand from steep and cheap in the merino material I think they are a blend.

Under armor 9" inseam is the only thing that works for me. They are very tough to find, but work fantastic.

Saxx, huk, and Ex-Officio all ride up my crack big time and are annoying to wear.

Black ovis thigh holes are way too small for me, I can barely get them on because that seam has zero give, I basically tried them on and immediately retired them.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

coyyota

WKR
First lite sucks. 1st they run large.
Then its ether 9" or 3"
Well my boys hung clear out of the short ones.

Black ovis ones may work for some but they do not have a taint pocket, the seam runs front to back without the diamond shape.
16 miles in 2 days I almost hit the SOS button to get out of there I was so raw.

Tried the armachillo last yr. Comfortable maybe if you can wash and freshen up everyday.
Backcountry 4 days I had a heck of a rash.

An all-time reply. Love it.

SanJuanCutthroat

Lil-Rokslider

Minus 33 have stood the test of time for me. Durable, comfortable, and the right length. Even come in camo if you find the need for ultimate concealment. They come in two different weights, and although not cheap, are better priced than other merino.

Mawgie

FNG
Try Underfit.com. Synthetic boxer briefs that are really well made. For me, they seem to run much cooler than the Hanes and box store brands, and are much more durable. (Significantly more $$, though.) I like the weigh of them, too: light.

FLAK

WKR
Perpetual Swamp Crack/Crotch down here on the Gulf Coast.
I haven't found anything that works. Lots of corn starch helps.....for a while.
Hoping someone will come out with AC undies.

bigharge

WKR
I’ve recently switched to bamboo boxer briefs and have been impressed so far. Definitely worth trying out IMO

drlfc

FNG
So I usually wear under armor boxer briefs working out the 6 inch boxer jock and me undies boxer briefs for everyday.

For hunting and multiday use, the UA boxers aren’t working. Sweat, chaffing, bad juju.

So I need some new skivvies. What do you recommend? I plan to experiment a bit with my junk during hiking season and then buy a few pair of what works. So far I have tried:

- I tried the old first lite wool versions, no good
- sitka seems OK
- Patagonia capilene works OK

What else should I try?
How about the Dulth Trading Co. Armachillos? I have a few pair and they are INCREDIBLE. No bad juju.

Wapiti1

WKR
Exofficio or Terramar mesh. I've tried several merino models and Saxx were the best, but I like the mesh synthetics better. They dry faster and feel dryer.

Jeremy