Does anyone NOT wear merino underwear?

I have Saxx, UA, Exofficio. I actually find the cheap 3 pack synthetic Puma brand "Tech" underwear you can find at discount retailers to be the most comfy. 85% poly/15% spandex mix. No seams that bother me.
The problem for me is any brand using poly usually stinks quickly. I stick with any brands thats Nylon/spandex mix like Exofficio.

K_pem

WKR
Definitely like wearing merino but seriously debating trying my Kuhl adventure mesh this year as they breath so much better. Especially if im not going to be backpacking in.

I only wear synthetic underwear. I just get the 32 degree stuff costco has on sale. IMO merino is not a requirement for underwear, although I'm a tall skinny dude who doesn't sweat much. YMMV. That's not to say I don't love my merino base layer :)

I'm another Duluth Armachillo and Armachillo Bullpen (___sack pocket). They are comfortable and don't seem to smell horrible after wearing a couple days with even going to the gym. Not a normal habit just a test.
You can cathc them on sale for around $15-18 a pair.

JNDEER

WKR
Who doesn’t wear Merino?? That would be a road hunter - lol.

Some body’s are built different- synthetic on me (pick any brand) last about 1/2 a day of actual hunting.

Merino can last multiple days in the backcountry for me.

First lite, kuiu, and Smartwool (rei has them in sale occasionally) are my go to brands

gtriple

WKR
Most merino underwear just doesn't work well for me when hiking hard. I've switched to XOSkin underwear and won't go back. No more riding up. I've got a promo code for it of anybody wants to try it.

omfs26

FNG
I really want a couple pairs of merino boxers to wear for several days in a row on trips, but I've been on a frustrating (and expensive) quest to find some that I like, but just haven't found anything that fit me quite like my regular boxer-briefs... and since none of them are returnable, it sucks buying more just to be disappointed again and having another pair of $30-45 boxers added to the pile.

Do any of you just pack a couple extra pairs and wear your regular underwear on trips?

EDIT: Should also mention that my regular everyday underwear are just "standard" fruit of the loom walmart $20 for a 6-pack boxer briefs.. I've tried the fancy ex officio, saxx, UA, etc boxer briefs and none were as comfortable..

Fruit of the Loom or Hanes briefs, for me. Prefer cotton around that area of my body, not wool or synthetic. Caught a bad UTI once in the backcountry, by wearing wet synthetic underwear an entire day. Had to eventually fly out of the field on the 27th day, to see a doctor and get an antibiotic. It's rather gruesome and very concerning when you're urinating blood and pus.

DuckDogDr

WKR
The synthetics (Duluth armachillo) don’t work well for me. I sweat 10x more . Either have to wear cotton or merino wool

Fruit of the Loom or Hanes briefs, for me. Prefer cotton around that area of my body, not wool or synthetic. Caught a bad UTI once in the backcountry, by wearing wet synthetic underwear an entire day. Had to eventually fly out of the field on the 27th day, to see a doctor and get an antibiotic. It's rather gruesome and very concerning when you're urinating blood and pus.
Thats called an STD and not a UTI….

Oh man, i am teasing. I cant say i have ever heard of someone getting a UTI from wearing the wrong undies, but now i have. Thats not bueno.

I sweat a ton and stink pretty good in synthetics after a day. So for my own sanity, i prefer merino for my sweaty days. If i am going back to the house every day it matters not, but for extended time away, i know merino works and keeps the smell down really well.

Bamboo for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have one or two pair of bamboo but after a couple of years they have gotten to where they are very saggy after just a day. I need tight fitting pants to keep them up, not an issue i have with any other material unless they are decades old and obviously holy underwear.

I have one or two pair of bamboo but after a couple of years they have gotten to where they are very saggy after just a day. I need tight fitting pants to keep them up, not an issue i have with any other material unless they are decades old and obviously holy underwear.

Dang that’s no good. Having your unders or long Johns falling down under your pants is a miserable experience.
I’ve only had mine for a year but so far so good, they’re just black ovis brand ones from camofire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man i really have a liking for the lululemon bixwr briefs, check all the boxes except the odor part. Since they are synthetic they will grab some stink. Not horrendous. But it is there. But everything else is spot on.

If you are on a mild activity hunt, they are money. High activity will get stinky for sure.

I second the Lululemon boxers. They breathe extremely well and I just bring a second pair for longer hunts.