new truck time

Robertsj22

Lil-Rokslider
looking at getting a new truck. So far i've looked at a Chevy trail boss lt, a new tundra, and a f150. All seem nice trucks. Anyone have a preference on a 2022 model.

SCHUNTER73

Lil-Rokslider
I’m in the same boat. Started another thread about reviews of the gmc 1500 AT4. I’ve been driving an 09 Tundra for the last 215k. Love the reliability of the tundra but the gas mileage is miserable.

Just don’t buy a 2018 Silverado with a 62 L.

The biggest piece of shit I’ve ever owned. It’s really nice to have the transmission the engine and the tart and Ver not talk. Come to a stop and you spill your coffee. ******* infuriating. I’m 42 years old, prior to that truck I had oenrd two. Total. My third vehicle and I thought I would do something nice and buy myself a brand new truck. It’s paid for, but I ******* hate it. And I almost parked at under note tree for a bad hurricane here and I wish I had. I’ll never buy a ******* Chevrolet ever again. For 2015 through 2020, their solution is a different type of fluid. **** that. **** Chevrolet. **** them

Agross

WKR
I went with a 2022 trail boss a few months back and really like it. First Chevy I’ve had after four gmc’s.

Just don’t buy a 2018 Silverado with a 62 L.

The biggest piece of shit I’ve ever owned. It’s really nice to have the transmission the engine and the tart and Ver not talk. Come to a stop and you spill your coffee. ******* infuriating. I’m 42 years old, prior to that truck I had oenrd two. Total. My third vehicle and I thought I would do something nice and buy myself a brand new truck. It’s paid for, but I ******* hate it. And I almost parked at under note tree for a bad hurricane here and I wish I had. I’ll never buy a ******* Chevrolet ever again. For 2015 through 2020, their solution is a different type of fluid. **** that. **** Chevrolet. **** them
And I like this post, btw.

WKR
Of those choices I'd give a Ford a shot. Have owned 2 Tundras since 2008. Zero issues. Crappy mileage but solid trucks. The new ones are just getting too many issues reported. Waiting on a F250 I ordered in Feb and may have it in Sept. I think the F150 may have more inventory. Good luck though.

I work at a multi-line dealership and in May got a new 3500 Chevy (single rears). I use it around the farm, but didn't want to shell out or have the issues with diesels. I got the 6.6 gas and love it. Went to Idaho and Colorado and already have 8k miles on it averaging about 13.2 in the city/local hwy and about 14.5-15.5 when going out west (interstate/forest roads). From what we are hearing from manufactures, the chip shortage isn't going away anytime soon so if your looking to order, better get it ordered now so you may have it by next year. Also it appears that the issue with the transmission and engine combo on the 6.2 is taken care of, this is based on seeing the trucks in for service and not seeing 21/22 with the issues.
If you have any reliability/service questions hit me up, I get to see a ton of it being on the service side and have friends at our other shops that service a ton of other brands.

Grumman

WKR
I just traded my 2019 F250 6.2 gas for a 2022 Silverado 2500HD with the 6.6 gas. With the crazy prices on used vehicles it was a no brainer on cost. I really like the Chevy so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of those choices I'd give a Ford a shot. Have owned 2 Tundras since 2008. Zero issues. Crappy mileage but solid trucks. The new ones are just getting too many issues reported. Waiting on a F250 I ordered in Feb and may have it in Sept. I think the F150 may have more inventory. Good luck though.
My mom still drives a 2002 Sequoia. It’s amazing how Toyotas keep running. Nothing ever squeaks rattles. At least I have seen.

My problem with the tundra is that if you are even close to 6 feet there’s nowhere for your body to go. I can’t handle that. So Toyota can also suck it. Leaves few options really.

I miss my 2002 z71. Never should’ve sold it. Funny thing is the guy told me it was for his daughter to take to college. I got nervous because it had 250,000 miles on it. I saw it go by last week. That daddy has it as a hunting truck. Crazy

AZ8

WKR
I miss my 2002 z71. Never should’ve sold it. Funny thing is the guy told me it was for his daughter to take to college. I got nervous because it had 250,000 miles on it. I saw it go by last week. That daddy has it as a hunting truck. Crazy
I’m still driving my 2004 Z71. It’s been a great truck! 110K miles. Took it in for a wheel alignment after new tire purchase and the owner wanted to pay me cash for it on the spot!! Thought he was joking, but he said he was as serious as a heart attack! Haha

JVS

Lil-Rokslider
Owned a 21 F-150 XLT sport with the 2.7 ecoboost. It was a pleasure to drive. I miss it. Great fuel milage. Plenty of power. They have less issues than the 3.5.
Own a 22 ram Cummins currently. It’s nice but it’s not a ford fit an finish

WRO

WKR
My mom still drives a 2002 Sequoia. It’s amazing how Toyotas keep running. Nothing ever squeaks rattles. At least I have seen.

My problem with the tundra is that if you are even close to 6 feet there’s nowhere for your body to go. I can’t handle that. So Toyota can also suck it. Leaves few options really.

Huh? I'm 6'2 and drive a tacoma with no issues and ride in tundras all the time.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

rtkbowhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Does it need to be full size? If not, I would look for a low mileage later year 2nd Gen Tacoma. 2011-2015. Rock solid. I'm 6'. My son is close to 6'2". Has zero issues in my Tacoma. Friend of mine is 6'2" 240lbs has no issues with his Tundra.

Pretty sure my next truck will be the 7.3 F250 Tremor.
Just rolled 19k on my 21 7.3 F250 Tremor....its a Lariat so it was cheaper than some of the top trim 150s and you get way more truck, and I got the winch. Only thing I don't like is the small gas tank 36 gallons..you just can't find them on the lot so you would have to order a 23...took me 6 months for mine to be built and shipped.