New Rifle

I am looking to pick up my first real hunting rifle (everything I have had has been heavy bench guns).
local shop has a limited supply of tikkas (1 6.5 creedmoor which is fine as that is what my last rifle shot) so 1 t3x lite in 6.5 cm.

they also have a CVA cascade in 6.5 which is very intriguing as it has many features the tikka does not.

does anyone have any experience with these?

it will be topped with a vx3 hd 4.5x14x40 duplex.

nobody

WKR
  • T3X Lite in 6.5 Creedmoor
  • SWFA Fixed Power or 3-9 instead of the Leupold (read the scope testing sub-forum under long range hunting to see why)
  • Hawkins Precision Rings if you can find them. If not, some kind of pic rail and some seekins precision or Nightforce rings.

It's called the Rokslide Special, truly the "Easy Button" approach around here

Welcome to the forum, do some reading and you'll see why this is what we all push for people to run and recommend.

But hey, I'm just some random guy on the internet.

OP
M
  • SWFA Fixed Power or 3-9 instead of the Leupold (read the scope testing sub-forum under long range hunting to see why)
  • Hawkins Precision Rings if you can find them. If not, some kind of pic rail and some seekins precision or Nightforce rings.

Welcome to the forum, do some reading and you'll see why this is what we all push for people to run and recommend.

But hey, I'm just some random guy on the internet.
not seeing anything on the vx3 at first glance.

nobody

WKR
No test has been performed on them yet, and they won't be tested. They have developed a reputation of not tracking, not holding zero, and just generally not functioning as they're supposed to. If the Mark 5 fails, there's no reason to believe a VX series wouldn't. See below threads regarding Leupold Scopes:

https://www.rokslide.com/forums/threads/leupold-drop-tests.264662/

General consensus is as follows:

Nighforce
SWFA
Trijicon

OP
M
No test has been performed on them yet, and they won't be tested. They have developed a reputation of not tracking, not holding zero, and just generally not functioning as they're supposed to. If the Mark 5 fails, there's no reason to believe a VX series wouldn't. See below threads regarding Leupold Scopes:

https://www.rokslide.com/forums/threads/leupold-drop-tests.264662/

General consensus is as follows:

Nighforce
SWFA
Trijicon
oh wow ok, thanks.

are there any specific trijicons to look for? the swfa is out of stock currently.

SouthPaw

WKR

If it doesn't have sportsmatch rings, its not the rokslide special. 🙃🙃

Dunndm

WKR
Man, lotta people hating on leupold scopes here… I have shot both vortex and leupold. Never had problems with either..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tx270WT

FNG
Hard to go wrong with tikka. I have 3 I load for. All are 3/4 MOA guns or better and consistently. Stock guns I might add. Tikka has some me real voodoo magic in their barrel making process. Those three guns are different models and calibers I might add

OP
M
Hard to go wrong with tikka. I have 3 I load for. All are 3/4 MOA guns or better and consistently. Stock guns I might add. Tikka has some me real voodoo magic in their barrel making process. Those three guns are different models and calibers I might add
they are nice, I have a ctr currently it just weights to much and I never shoot target since having kids.