Trying to decide between these 3 rifles...

Searching around on google the CVA gets pretty decent reviews. It should be even with the Vanguard but as mentioned, the Vanguard is made by Howa. On the CVA, I have found out that even though made by Bergara, it is NOT on a 700 footprint, the magazines are proprietary, they will take I think a 700 trigger replacement, but all in all for your money they dont seem to be a bad way to go.....I also read the 6.5 PRC in the CVA is on a long action.......Of your choices, I would go Tikka then the Howa/Vanguard....Brownells is selling Howa barreled actions right now to save a little more money.

EdP

WKR
I have a wood stocked Vanguard I bought in 2015. It is a fine rifle that I have no need to modify. A bit heavy though. I don't own a Tikka so can't make a comparison, but they sure get a lot of support on the forum. If I were in the market today I would give them a hard look.

OP
polishmanmike
I have a wood stocked Vanguard I bought in 2015. It is a fine rifle that I have no need to modify. A bit heavy though. I don't own a Tikka so can't make a comparison, but they sure get a lot of support on the forum. If I were in the market today I would give them a hard look.
It's what it seems like. I held the stainless T3x Lite and I'm not gonna lie, it felt super good, bolt felt good and proper. I just wasn't crazy about the look (I know, I know) and the barrel wasn't threaded. That short barrel is begging for a suppressor in the future. Maybe need to do little googling.

It's what it seems like. I held the stainless T3x Lite and I'm not gonna lie, it felt super good, bolt felt good and proper. I just wasn't crazy about the look (I know, I know) and the barrel wasn't threaded. That short barrel is begging for a suppressor in the future. Maybe need to do little googling.
LOL, Im in the same boat, youll really like my choices- Tikka t3x vs Bergara B14 (specially the 2024 models coming out) and........a Ruger made 1895sbl in 45/70 lol. Dont ask how I got down to these 3 lol.....and a Sig Cross in 308......I know I have add, ocd, ac/dc, I got the whole alphabet going on in my head lol really leaning on the Bergara just for the 700 footprint and stock options down the road, but we will see lol Good Luck!

OP
polishmanmike
LOL, Im in the same boat, youll really like my choices- Tikka t3x vs Bergara B14 (specially the 2024 models coming out) and........a Ruger made 1895sbl in 45/70 lol. Dont ask how I got down to these 3 lol.....and a Sig Cross in 308......I know I have add, ocd, ac/dc, I got the whole alphabet going on in my head lol really leaning on the Bergara just for the 700 footprint and stock options down the road, but we will see lol Good Luck!
I can put the Bergara to rest due to its price but nice rifle otherwise.
I already own a lever (30-30 Marlin)... haha I guess Tika it is?

Maverick1

WKR
I've landed on a 6.5 CM (yes I know there are probably better options out there but want to stay with the Creed, I have 200$ worth of 6.5 ammo haha)
Whhhaaaat? That is like four boxes of ammunition. Kind of like saying "Somebody gave me a 5 gallon gas can with diesel fuel in it, so I went out an bought a $50k diesel truck"..........

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
The Tikka is the right choice. 6.5CM is an excellent chambering for big game animals, anyone who trys to tell you otherwise is misinformed. I'd also recommend shooting at minimum, a box of ammo per week. If that isn't feasible then get out and practice field positions and dry firing.

I can put the Bergara to rest due to its price but nice rifle otherwise.
I already own a lever (30-30 Marlin)... haha I guess Tika it is?
I thought that too, but depending on model, you can get the Bergara already threaded, larger bolt knob, fluted, etc by the time you buy the base t3x your in Bergara territory. I really like the T3x Lite Veil, in 308, 300 wsm, 7 mag etc, It really clicks all the boxes, but at a price point of 1300+ it is right back up there with the Bergara, Cross and even the 1895. Decisions decisions lol it is really getting to be too many choices in the market place, which is a good thing lol .

OP
polishmanmike
Whhhaaaat? That is like four boxes of ammunition. Kind of like saying "Somebody gave me a 5 gallon gas can with diesel fuel in it, so I went out an bought a $50k diesel truck".........
"but want to stay with the Creed"

OP
polishmanmike
The Tikka is the right choice. 6.5CM is an excellent chambering for big game animals, anyone who trys to tell you otherwise is misinformed. I'd also recommend shooting at minimum, a box of ammo per week. If that isn't feasible then get out and practice field positions and dry firing.
I keep hearing Tikka. Most definitely want to stay with 6.5 CM, from what I have read a super manageable recoil (especially with a break), great and affordable ammo choices, good on all ranges/distances especially with the right ammo. I have read a lot of negative things about the CM but I am chalking it up to incorrect ammo use (penciling, meat damage, granading, etc).

TreeDog

FNG
OP
polishmanmike

Hunter81

FNG
I would go with the tikka, because of aftermarket support if you want to make changes as you go

OP
polishmanmike
Anyone find any truth to the reports of the inconsistent shots after first/second shot?
Some saying flyers come from the barrel overheating little too fast for comfort.
Anyone heard of that or think it's a real concern?

TreeDog

FNG
Anyone find any truth to the reports of the inconsistent shots after first/second shot?
Some saying flyers come from the barrel overheating little too fast for comfort.
Anyone heard of that or think it's a real concern?
On the Tikka's? There's a thread about that on this forum as well. Non issue due to properly stress relieved barrels. Only recommendation is to trim the tabs in the factory stock that touch the barrel to get a true free float.