Scarpa fit

TOLeary

WKR
hey!

I’m looking for someone who has experience with the Scarpa crux (shoe) and a similar fitting boot. I emailed Scarpa and haven’t gotten a response. I’m looking for which of their hiking to backpacking boots have the same last or fit of the crux. The shape and the volume of the shoe fits perfect for my foot. I don’t have anywhere local that carries their boots so giving it a try on here

Thanks
Tim

The Zodiac models will be very similar.

I have the Crux and the Zodiac Tech. My youngest son has worn the Zodiac Plus and the Zodiac Techs. The Techs are basically a high top, sock fit, gortex version of the Crux.

OP
TOLeary

TOLeary

WKR
The Zodiac models will be very similar.

I have the Crux and the Zodiac Tech. My youngest son has worn the Zodiac Plus and the Zodiac Techs. The Techs are basically a high top, sock fit, gortex version of the Crux.
thank you! This is what I’ve been looking for. I’ve been eyeing the zodiacs for a while now but haven’t pulled the trigger.

would you know what type of hiking/hunting makes your son switch from the Techs to the Plus? I like the idea of the same boot fit with a more flexible and stiff version.

Appreciate the feedback

The Techs (orange ones) are the way to go. I wasn’t sure about the built in gaiter when I ordered them, but it’s awesome. Keeps leaves, etc out. They’re obviously not a tough, 3mm thick, full blown mountaineering boot. They are a comfortable boot.

Admittedly, I am a Scarpa fan. I have worn numerous models since 2007. The one negative I would say about the Techs is that they all of a sudden went way up in price last year. They’re literally a few bucks more than the Manta Techs. That just doesn’t make sense.

OP
TOLeary

TOLeary

WKR
full price is definitely hefty on them but seems. Like most similar boots are around the same price. Looks like some sales going on online right now.

I’ve been wearing Zamberlan baltoro lites for a couple years and really like them. Not too stiff or flexible. Great support. but when I bought the crux they had such a perfect fit I started looking more into Scarpa. You have any idea how the baltoro and zodiac compare specifically?

Also, any other shoe/boot options you like that fit relatively the same. I’m just assuming we have similar fit so might be a good place to start

I don’t have any experience with Zamberlan. The Ribelle models would be worth looking at too. I have not worn them, but they are a similar, low profile, lightweight style.

Yeah, full MSRP is tough.

I have a pair of the Mont Blancs that just didn’t fit one of my sons well. Good boots, but didn’t fit. I was going to try and sell them. Used for a season. Those are WAY different than the Zodiacs. Full blown 4-season mountaineering boots.

OP
TOLeary

TOLeary

WKR
Gotcha. Thanks for help, really appreciate it

I think the zodiacs will fit my need perfectly. Don’t have the experience where I’d need the true mountaineering boot so a step below is definitely what I’m looking forz