New Record! Colorado elk…

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
The last OTC CO elk tag I bought was $250, I swore it off then, not leaving the house to chase raghorns. Limited draw tag somewhere or nothing.
How many limited tags have you drawn lately?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

S.Clancy

WKR
Imagine paying 700 plus dollars for a tag, taking a week off work, paying for 6 tanks of gas, etc to be a dude from Minnesota coming to Colorado to try and kill an elk. With success at 11% or whatever it is, the reality is that 11% is killed by the same small percentage of hunters that get it done every year. Most guys coming out for their 1st or 5th hunt should leave their bow at home, save 700 dollars, go to unit 61 or 49 with their camera and actually see a bull.
I mean, that's MT except it's 1100$

So you’re fine with Non Residents being on the landscape and filling the trails and forests just not if they are hunting the People’s animals?
It seems disingenuous to act like this isn’t also a discussion of keeping Non Residents off the landscape during season.
The wildlife are managed by the CPW on federal land but are the property of the state residents, not the federal govt. therefore you buy a tag for the opportunity to harvest an animal in CO, res or non-res. They are the property of the people of CO. The interesting part is that once you kill and tag an animal does it transition to become the property of the person killing and tagging it.
What designation of federal land ownership the animal happens to live on means nothing other than permissions and sometimes land use agreements.