New Mexico 2023 Draw Thread

elkhuntrr75

Lil-Rokslider
Nothing for me but my kids drew deer tags in 31 and 2B. This is the 3rd year they have drawn. NM must give preference to NR youth. I have not read anything that supports it but I can’t believe that my luck would be that bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing for me but my kids drew deer tags in 31 and 2B. This is the 3rd year they have drawn. NM must give preference to NR youth. I have not read anything that supports it but I can’t believe that my luck would be that bad.

Probably a substantially smaller pool for youth.

CMF

WKR
Probably a substantially smaller pool for youth.
It depends, there are some youth-only tags(youth only pool), but you can put them in for any hunt(adult/youth combined pool). Some hunts have better odds than youth-only hunts cause of the limited number of tags in the youth only hunts.
I think he's questioning whether they give preference to youth in the hunts that aren't youth only, which is a good question. Similar to the question of do they give preference to first-time applicants? My first-time applicant 10yo just drew a rifle elk tag(not youth only). Makes you wonder....

TXCO

WKR
Nada here. Friends drew some nice ones though, so theres always a chance!

Well, I drew a Jan archery coues deer tag! That’ll be a first for me. But I’ll be hunting with my family on some elk, muley, and a barb hunt. I hope everyone is happy with what they drew, and if not, I hope you explore some OTC opportunities or out-of-state hunts!

McCrapper

Lil-Rokslider
Did everybody get their refund that had one coming? Feel like it’s taking forever this year.

I got back all mine, they cleared yesterday after showing pending for a couple days. Oryx antelope deer elk in that order.