New Mexico 2023 Draw Thread

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
What's with all the unit naming and hunt codes being posted. Don't bitch when that hidden gem unit gets popular, and you can't draw a tag, not that it is easy to begin with, but damn. We are naming units, hunt codes and seasons these days.

Brent

Lil-Rokslider
Same - I've watched every Youtube video on Oryx in the last 4 hours
I'd be worried more about how you're going to prepare that fabulous meat.

Joking aside, here is an awesome podcast hosted by a good friend of mine that has all the details you need for the WSMR hunts.

Dan-o

FNG
I'd be worried more about how you're going to prepare that fabulous meat.

Joking aside, there is an awesome podcast hosted by a good friend of mine that has all the details you need for the WSMR hunts.
Would love to check the podcast out. have a link or a title?

Pmiller45

FNG
Pulled a archery deer but struck out on the rest. I’ll be interested to sift through the draw data when they put it out. Congrats to all the lucky ones, and good luck on the hunts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ladogg411

Lil-Rokslider
Well... If one less tag is available on an already tight NR allocation, then the odds are not exactly the same.

Correct NR group apps are a bad idea for units with few NR tags. And even if many tags, your odds will be slightly less due to that last tag not being available for the 2 man group.

Anyone know anything about the Valles Caldera? I’m not looking for anyone’s honey hole. Just some general info about where to start looking, camping spots, and what can I expect about the caliber of bulls there?

Anyone know anything about the Valles Caldera? I’m not looking for anyone’s honey hole. Just some general info about where to start looking, camping spots, and what can I expect about the caliber of bulls there?

You'll get a whole mandatory training session. Spoiler: elk everywhere.

I didn't see any massive bulls during my son's cow hunt. It's pretty much a wilderness area, with only a couple roads available. Absolutely gorgeous hiking, with deadheads and sheds everywhere (that you cannot connect).

Massive resident herd at the entrance that is off limits, but plenty of elk throughout the Backcountry.