New Mexico 2023 Draw Thread

Jbow387

FNG
Definitely not skimping on the practice this year that’s for sure. Make sure everything that is in my control is 100%

dtrkyman

WKR
Drew a crappy deer tag again...lol. No elk or sheep of course. A friend of mine, non res. drew 16d archery.

DKBronco

FNG
I put my son in for just about everything possible and included some easier to draw hunts. He struck out as well.

Seth

WKR
All red for this resident, even with what should have been a 100% draw for archery elk. Still a good fall to come as my wife has a muzzy bull, my daughter a rifle bull, and my son has Stallion broken horn and javelina.

Drew a crappy deer tag again...lol. No elk or sheep of course. A friend of mine, non res. drew 16d archery.

My deer tag was 4th choice again. And I don’t apply for the high demand tags. I have to be thankful for what I get though

I did draw the Caldera but my first post was so sarcastic I figured most would catch on. I’ve hunted 6a and c most of my life and around the Caldera when it was the Baca ranch. Hunted 6 when it was only 6 and
Not divided.

I'd be worried more about how you're going to prepare that fabulous meat.

Joking aside, here is an awesome podcast hosted by a good friend of mine that has all the details you need for the WSMR hunts.

Gil is a great dude!

Hondo0925

Lil-Rokslider
All red here as well, but a buddy drew a Barbary tag in February so at least I will be able to tag along on that.

First year applying as a NM resident and drew Elk and Deer, I'm still in shock. Can't wait to start scouting, wish I didn't have to work so damn much haha.

JPD350

WKR
I did draw the Caldera but my first post was so sarcastic I figured most would catch on. I’ve hunted 6a and c most of my life and around the Caldera when it was the Baca ranch. Hunted 6 when it was only 6 and
Not divided.
I was surprised everyone was so nice to you, in this day and age I imagine your name kinda scared em.

I sure do miss hunting the Jemez and around the Baca, what an amazing place it was! If they could get people to stop driving the road closure roads the place would improve quickly. The increased use of ATVs and people driving them in every nook and cranny is what made me stop applying for it.

Have a great hunt!

All I got was the 1st hunt archery elk in the Gila

CMF

WKR
No luck for me, wife, or Fil, but the kids picked up some tags. 4 out of 25
10yo son drew 3rd choice rifle elk Nov. 11(twelv)(first year applying)
13yo son drew 3rd choice with a buddy, youth muzzy deer nov.18(fif teen)
my 13yo son/15yo daughter (group ap) drew 3rd choice IM/F Barbary jan 6/7 (Mcrgreg)
Along with Colorado archery/muzzy elk hunts, it's going to be another busy year...

Dan-o

FNG
I'd be worried more about how you're going to prepare that fabulous meat.

Joking aside, here is an awesome podcast hosted by a good friend of mine that has all the details you need for the WSMR hunts.

thanks again for this suggestion. Was a great listen! I feel ready!