NEW Kifaru Duplex Timberline Series

The real question here is.... Aron.... If you had to pick a standard timberline vs a duplex timberline which would you pick and why? DUHNNNN DUHNN DUNNNNNNNNNNN

Well my T2 will be here tomorrow obviously I ordered it right before the duplex came out. I was really torn at first because I like the idea of the duplex being able to use a t3 bag with cargo panel for day hunts and then using the t1 bag for backpack trips. But in the end I think the standard t2 coming in a couple pounds lighter will be the best compromise anyway. It is cool but if weight is a factor I think the regular tline is more versitile, if you will carring nothing but heavy loads or heavy loads often then the duplex would be more of a consideration but I'm unfortunetly not that successful a hunter and only carry one maybe two animals out a year. Im sure I'll be calling aron to set my mind at ease soon, sorry aron ;)

Last edited:

hunting1

WKR
Looks like I got lucky to get in before they took them off the order list. I spoke with the Angie this morning when ordering other stuff and she said it is Timberline Madness right now. Should be great and I am hoping I m done buying packs!!!!!!!!;)

Products ordered
SKUProductItem priceQuantityTotalSKUDT3bagDuplex Timberline 3 bag only Options:Color - with standard lid:Foliage$269.00 1$269.00 Subtotal:$269.00
~
Total:$269.00

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm going to take a guess and say that this wasn't supposed to be found on Kifaru yet, but I looked through the prices and couldn't find that any mistakes had been made.

I'm meeting High Country at Kifaru today and will check with Kifaru on everything then, but again, the #'s are correct from what I can see.

Thanks Aron. You were a big help. Packs ordered.. Now the long wait... :)

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I think 7 got through, but not 100% sure of that.

It's been a crazy day...I'm trying to keep up with my normal job, along with everything else and it's not going well:)

I'll try and get back with everyone that has pm'd, sorry if I've missed someone.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
They will be offering the all hunting packs in CB when the new changes are up (tomorrow hopefully).

You could probably call and order a Tline in CB with no issue, but can't promise anything:)

Dixie07

Lil-Rokslider
They will be offering the all hunting packs in CB when the new changes are up (tomorrow hopefully).

You could probably call and order a Tline in CB with no issue, but can't promise anything:)

Well that is just my luck since my foliage Timberline is supposed to be here tomorrow...

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
HC What did you get???

DT1 Coyote Brown and a T1 in Coyote brown for my hunting partner (aluminum stays for both). We're going to test them side by side and swap them back and forth on our August Sheep hunt. :)

As for Aron, he sure knows these packs and was a great help. Being a research freak it was quite helpful to watch the videos from Rokslide and Kifaru, then put it all together with a hands on experience. Kudos to both Aron and Kifaru. Angie gave me a tour of the facility and its an old school hand made detail oriented outfit. Pretty cool to see in a world of offsite mass production.

Last edited:

Eagle

WKR
Aron, question after watching the video. You said the other lid options would work but not fit perfectly on the T3, but then you said they would work on the DT3, but I think you also said they would not work at the same time. Will it just be the same that they will work, but the fit won't be perfect? Would a DT3 with a XTL or Longhunter lid have approximately 4600ci?

The packs are up but there are some link and pricing errors. I already called Kifaru and spoke with them about. I am going to order the hunter frame and hunter cargo panel as soon as they figure it out. Maybe a DT3 bag later in the year if funds are available. I really only need the hauler and cargo panel for now to replace my alaskan frame pack.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
All the lids will fit the same on the T3 or DT3, but they are big for the pack.

Yes, you would get between 4300 and 5000 depending on configuration.