NEW Kifaru Duplex Timberline Series

Aron, one more question... Say I was only going to use the DT2 or DT3 bag would you recommend going with the 24" frame? I thought the 26" might be nice for load hauling situations but maybe it isn't necessary. Thoughts? Note: I am only 5' 9.5"

Eagle

WKR
Why is the weight listed for the 24" frame with composite stays higher than the weight listed for the 26" frame with the same stays? According to the comparison chart, the 24" is 2oz heavier?

bighouse31

Lil-Rokslider
Aron,

The weights on the site say that the frame with the 26 comp stays to add 3 lbs 12 oz and for the 24 comp stays add 3 lbs 14oz that seems backwards.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Just something to be aware of guys ordering a DT1. Currently when you add it to cart its the DT3, its a bug they are likely working out, but don't order a DT1 via internet until then.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Right on DT1 and DT3 pack bags for me. DT1 bag with longhunter frame for the little lady, for when she's gotta pack her moose front quarters back to airstrip this fall. :D

cmeier117

WKR
I just noticed when I was adding a DT2 to my shopping cart that in Multicam it is $10 cheaper than the standard Timberline because your 10% upcharge is only on the bag (you can have a Multicam frame but why). I thought that was interesting and cool! I Kinda want a DT2 now....

cmeier117

WKR
Oh and to add to the pain I ran the math on the weight diff of the T2 (which I own happily ;)) with a XTL lid and a DT2 with XTL lid and it only weighs 22 oz more. It is sounding better and better... Oh well. I guess I will have to settle for my out dated T2....

I am getting a Super Tarp and Annex before anything other packs...

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Dreamingbig

I'm 6' 1" with a 32 inch inseam and with those measurements I have a 20 inch torso

You being 4 inches shorter and 1 inch less in inseam, you will have a 17" ish inseam

With that being said, you will get the same lift from 24" stays/frame that I get with 26......so 24 would be my suggestion

I am only 5'10" and I too have a 32" inseam (at least on my pants). My torso was just about 20", according to my work partner. Maybe I was measuring incorrectly. The Blue Widow I sold can be seen here http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1718789 which has the pack straps adjusted perfectly for me. If I do the math it seems I might be overshooting here. Anyone got any ideas? If it is too long maybe I should have my order adjusted accordingly.

Dreamingbig

I'm 6' 1" with a 32 inch inseam and with those measurements I have a 20 inch torso

You being 4 inches shorter and 1 inch less in inseam, you will have a 17" ish inseam

With that being said, you will get the same lift from 24" stays/frame that I get with 26......so 24 would be my suggestion

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If you have a 20" torso (that's what you mentioned to me) than you need 26" stays. Everyone will have a different placement on their hip bones and yours happen to be very low.

Everyone can go with stays and be fine, but the shorter the torso the less you need that long of frame.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Niko21