NEW Kifaru Duplex Timberline Series

hunting1

WKR
Just checked I ordered my DT1 and DT3 packbags on April 20th, I can't find the email stating when my ship date might be. Anyone order around that time frame with a estimated ship date to get me a rough ETA?

I ordered mine 4-19 and did not get an email, but my ship date is 7-2-12, so you should be close to the same. I called and angie gave me the information. We are like a bunch of kids before Christmas! I am already wanting a Late Season Legacy, the madness of Kifaru!

Looks like you got 2 lbs 14 oz for the T1 bag, 3.75 oz for standard top lid, and 3 lbs 14 oz for the frame with 26" composit stays. Total weight should be right around 6.98 lbs. Almost 1.5 lbs heavier than a standard T1.

Still very lightweight for a modular system with this design. But I'm curious as to what advantages you see having a smaller pack when a regular T1 compresses down to easy day pack dimensions? This was what made me go with the regular T1 was that extra 1.5 lbs of weight savings.

Mike

Jdog

WKR
My multicam DT1 w/XTL lid is due to ship o/a 23 Jul.

I am gonna put that thing to the test pretty quickly on an Alaskan sheep/griz hunt in late Aug/early Sep.

Hope to load that thing down on the pack out!

After receiving, adjusting, and testing my cargo panel and duplex frame I am very happy. I just ordered two small pockets and two long pockets to complete the set up. I was on the Kifaru sidelines for a long time but I am glad I made the plunge. The versitility I gain with this setup is great and the fit of the frame is amazing.

ken

FNG
I am already wanting a Late Season Legacy, the madness of Kifaru!

You and me both!

I really like the looks of the LSL. I borrowed my cousins G1 LS for a quick 2 night trip into a pards 12 man prior to me buying my G1 Siwash a few years back. We were flip flopping 'drives' and wound up with two smallish Whitetail bucks the first day I was in there. I gave the LS a lil test and carried both boned out bucks AND my dayhunting gear the mile and a half back to camp that afternoon when we were done hunting. Mightily impressed with it I was. I wound up with the Siwash when one came up used in the classifieds over at K forum, as I needed/wanted a tick more space for overnight use than the LS offered. Since then my loadout has decresed in volume quite a bit and I'm wondering if I can get away with the LSL these days.

The only improvement I can see for that pack would be to make it a top down compression loader like the Longhunter/KU series. Then you could cram some stuff up in there and cinch it down, making the pack act alot bigger than it really is 'supposed' to be.:D

Last edited:

6t4nova

WKR
Ordered a DT1 in CB. Only downside is I can't pick it up until Aug 14th and I sold my other packs already.... guess I need to find a cheapo to use this summer

rye_a

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like my DT1 will be sitting on the porch when I get home tomorow.

Wow! Isn't that 12 days earlier than promised? I wonder if the DT1s were the first run of the new Duplex series. I hope this means that I'll get my DT3 next week...

Last edited: