NEW Kifaru Duplex Timberline Series

BigWave

Lil-Rokslider
That is the bomb setup right there.

Do those M/F buckles come in the Cargo Panel kit Aron, or do you need to order them as an extra?

Last edited:

Yukondog

WKR
Thanks Aron for taking the time to post those pics. Do all the straps and buckles used in the pics come with the panel? Or do I need to order them to come with my order?

Thanks Aron!

Matt

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks Aron! Got any small kids around you can throw in to show us how that would look? :)

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Those are small belt pouches in the last photo.

In the photos before that I have mediums on the back of the pack and a small on the belt.

I ordered the 26" frame and the hunting cargo panel today. My next order will be the DT3 bag, 2 medium pods and maybe a couple of belt pockets. My first need is for the hauler and cargo panel to get spike camp in/out and meat out!

It is suppose to ship in early June. I can't wait.

Yes, the hunting version is lighter and a bit cheaper. Right now I don't have a need to attach much to the back and the few lashes it has will be plenty. I might end up with tactical version in the future but I will be buying a DT3 bag before I do that and it has plenty of space to lash pods too.

ChadH

FNG
Hi Aron. Thank you for your posts, they are always incredibly informative. I am new to this forum (so hi everyone... seems like a great place), but have read your articles and posts on many sites over the last couple years. You may have posted this somewhere, I can't find it. I already have a MR CrewCab and had been thinking of getting the 6500 bag for 5-10 day trips . I am wondering besides the weight difference, how do the two systems compare in the way they carry. The load lifters seem a bit higher on the DT in the pictures than the NICE frame. Is that true? I am 5'10, 31" inseam.

The Timberline looks unbelievable! I wish it had been out a year ago when I bought my Crew Cab. Now that I own the frame though I can buy a 6500 bag for about $350 or so I think. The whole DT system would be A LOT more than that. I suppose I could sell the Crew Cab and go a different route though. Any thoughts? Anyone feel free to chim in.

Thanks,
Chad Huff

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am not Aron so take this for what it is worth.... Although Aron was a big help to me in my process...

I went Kifaru over MR as MR just seemed over engineered for hunting purposes. Some folks like MR and the packs fit them. Kifaru has lots of options and ways to set up these packs and the load lifters work. When Aron was fitting me he adjusted them so the pack weight was pretty much all on my hips. You can adjust the frame so many ways its silly..

If your planning a hunt for this year you should call Kifaru as the ship date on the DT system might be an issue. I was one of the 1st to order and it will be cutting it close for me to get my pack and give it a bit of testing prior to my August sheep hunt... Are you doing the Eastern WA High Hunt?

REDMTN

FNG
Hi Aron. Thank you for your posts, they are always incredibly informative. I am new to this forum (so hi everyone... seems like a great place), but have read your articles and posts on many sites over the last couple years. You may have posted this somewhere, I can't find it. I already have a MR CrewCab and had been thinking of getting the 6500 bag for 5-10 day trips . I am wondering besides the weight difference, how do the two systems compare in the way they carry. The load lifters seem a bit higher on the DT in the pictures than the NICE frame. Is that true? I am 5'10, 31" inseam.

The Timberline looks unbelievable! I wish it had been out a year ago when I bought my Crew Cab. Now that I own the frame though I can buy a 6500 bag for about $350 or so I think. The whole DT system would be A LOT more than that. I suppose I could sell the Crew Cab and go a different route though. Any thoughts?

Anyone feel free to chim in.

Thanks,
Chad Huff

I had the exact same dilemma, in the end I decided to keep the crewcab for day hunts and ended up ordering a t1 and a cargo panel for
my longhunter frame, that way all bases are covered.

Last edited:
I just got put on the list for a DT1 with an XTL Lid. Thanks a lot my bank account loves you guys! Don't tell the GF I sold the T2...
I just ordered mine last week also. DT1 with the XTL lid in olive drab. I won't be telling the little lady though, figure on this one it would just be better to ask for forgiveness when it gets here in July.

Man,,,, the more I look the harder the decision. Go with the DT2 for the MMR frame I already own or sell the MMR and buy a Timberline 2 pack... I hate decisions. I am leaning towards the buying the bag for the frame even though I will give up some weight savings for the added versatility.
:)

rye_a

Lil-Rokslider
I put in my order for a coyote brown DT2 last week. July can't come fast enough...

By the way, my wife doesn't (and hopefully never will) know about the pack or its cost. Angie was nice enough to make a note not to include a receipt in the box...

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Chad,

Give me a call on this one so nothing gets lost in translation. 720-937-1418

The Timberline looks unbelievable! I wish it had been out a year ago when I bought my Crew Cab. Now that I own the frame though I can buy a 6500 bag for about $350 or so I think. The whole DT system would be A LOT more than that. I suppose I could sell the Crew Cab and go a different route though. Any thoughts? Anyone feel free to chim in.

Thanks,
Chad Huff