New Griff pup

Be careful in that fox tail a dog breaths it in it can migrate down and get lodged in lungs causing infection and kill them.
Whoa... I had no idea. It's everywhere around here and my golden never had any problems other than crusty eyes from the seeeds, but thank you for the head's up!

tpicou

Lil-Rokslider
Great looking dog. He's going to have a nice coat! I'm curious the breeder. You can send me a message if you'd prefer. Should be a great looking dog. My no couch rule lasted until he could jump on the couch on his own. He'd curl up and go to sleep and I couldn't bring myself to tell him he couldn't. Lol

He is out of Coppershot like @jjohnsonElknewbie ‘s griff. I guess this explains why our pups look so similar 😂

I let our dogs on the sofa, if I have a blanket down. But, they are trained to stay in their beds until released so if I don’t want them up with the humans they can chill somewhere else without being annoying.

90 percent of the time I let them lay and sleep wherever they want but, it is useful to have a solid stay command when in other houses or if we have people over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tpicou

Lil-Rokslider
I let our dogs on the sofa, if I have a blanket down. But, they are trained to stay in their beds until released so if I don’t want them up with the humans they can chill somewhere else without being annoying.

90 percent of the time I let them lay and sleep wherever they want but, it is useful to have a solid stay command when in other houses or if we have people over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep we are working on that right now. He does well going to place and/or crate so we are working on getting him to stay until release. He won't exit the crate until we say "alright" but he will def move off place (kuranda bed atm) if we get too far.

My Tines is a total goof ball.
Idk if ill end up with a Griff again.
Personality is great but she doesn't do well in heat, and the snow sticks to her really bad as well.
But she is a very sweet pup.
20221118_181610.jpg

Agree with heat and snow, but my Oscar just turned 18 months and I plan to get another in a few years. He is a character and is a wonderful companion and hunter. I keep a kiddie pool filled up all summer so he can jump in and cool off after running around the farm. He and my wife's doodle are buddies, and I love the pouty lip in the last picture.

Attachments

• FEA48392-0491-4A53-A676-B9E31789CC52.jpeg
    FEA48392-0491-4A53-A676-B9E31789CC52.jpeg
    320.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 91D717F5-4D34-4702-9711-E694160D7F06.jpeg
    91D717F5-4D34-4702-9711-E694160D7F06.jpeg
    564.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 5D029C90-72C2-487F-BCB6-40783F3B83B9.jpeg
    5D029C90-72C2-487F-BCB6-40783F3B83B9.jpeg
    269.1 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Irish Miner

Lil-Rokslider
Like others have mentioned, my griff sure doesn't like the heat, but its understandable with their coats. Little guy sure attracts the burrs. That's really the only downside for him. Hunts great being his first year. Smart as ever..
Love griffs!

Buckle up! Trip of a lifetime...
Before you get your pup, join a couple Griff Facebook groups. Griffology is a good one, and there is a ton of good information on there from dedicated Griff parents. For example, potty training can be especially difficult for Griffs compared to other breeds, and they LOVE to eat socks! Also, you may already know this, but don't cut their hair! ;)

Griff Nation is another good one.

Like others have mentioned, my griff sure doesn't like the heat, but its understandable with their coats. Little guy sure attracts the burrs. That's really the only downside for him. Hunts great being his first year. Smart as ever..
Love griffs!
Oscar's coat is on the tight vs. shaggy side, and the preacher's lice loves to cling to his face and ears. It's not too bad everywhere else. The burdock can be a pain too, but I've had 2 goldens before him and he's a bit more resistant to it. Cockle burs aren't much of a problem due to the coarseness of his coat.

Irish Miner

Lil-Rokslider
Oscar's coat is on the tight vs. shaggy side, and the preacher's lice loves to cling to his face and ears. It's not too bad everywhere else. The burdock can be a pain too, but I've had 2 goldens before him and he's a bit more resistant to it. Cockle burs aren't much of a problem due to the coarseness of his coat.
That beggars lice is the worse! Especially on the face and ears on poor Finn. Finn has a nice shorter coat as well, so yeah.. doesn't get too bad on the body. I've found that combing in some Cowboys Magic detangler works well as a preventative measure and after treatment.