New Griff pup

177ae7ed7293d0cbaf0e85c8e045a365.jpg

Murphy is loving life and is an affectionate little guy. Our older Griff and Jack Russell have not been been very accepting but I’m not surprised. Good news is that the pup already stands up for himself if they try to get too serious with him.

I have never figured out a way to introduce a new dog in the house and have it be a fun time for all involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oscar moved into our house with 3 other older dogs. He never took any $hit from them and they all get along fine now, although he is definitely the bull in the china shop. Unfortunately he goes out to run by himself now because the older dogs refuse to romp with him in the yard anymore. They will stand on the porch until he's done rabble rousing; avoiding getting steam rolled when he's flying around the farm. By far the most athletic dog I've ever owned and so damn fast.

I’ve owned three. I’ve guided upland and waterfowl both over them, shot more birds than I can count and can’t say enough about these dogs.

1afa66d3b02b28d3ce452274f6e2b192.jpeg

2697c205de0eff45857d547b7943e03c.jpeg

2e5d7caf789a863753677de41629bfae.jpeg

cd7b4cd60e688a06562c3bf2d6cf4b6a.jpeg

af80f06ce49f1278a9159b08a668a926.jpeg

2f1512c0264dbce4992c8d8007df4f5c.jpeg

09c9c5eb10f8ca02d7476a0ffc9aa1d9.jpeg

Thank you for sharing!!! Great looking dogs and pics. Where are you located and what collars are those that you're using?

Spindrift

FNG
Thank you for sharing!!! Great looking dogs and pics. Where are you located and what collars are those that you're using?

I live in Idaho. I use Garmin Alphas when upland hunting. They range quite a bit, especially Chukar hunting, so the GPS has become a necessity.

That’s a really nice photo. It’s hard to believe that little squirt is that big now lol

He’s got a really nice, flat laying coat on him.

93b4edb26e4d09d142ce381b8ee0c130.jpg

Murphy is 11 weeks old, little fella at 13 lbs but this dog already just wants to put in work. He is swimming well for a young pup, there is barely any hesitation to jump right in for bumpers. He has a motor that won’t quit and he only takes naps in his kennel so I am not so sure about his off switch, but this dog seems like he is exactly the dog I was looking for.

He has already had a couple fields of planted pigeons to chase around and he is naturally steady to flush so far.

Gun intros will start Labor Day weekend.

93b4edb26e4d09d142ce381b8ee0c130.jpg

Murphy is 11 weeks old, little fella at 13 lbs but this dog already just wants to put in work. He is swimming well for a young pup, there is barely any hesitation to jump right in for bumpers. He has a motor that won’t quit and he only takes naps in his kennel so I am not so sure about his off switch, but this dog seems like he is exactly the dog I was looking for.

He has already had a couple fields of planted pigeons to chase around and he is naturally steady to flush so far.

Gun intros will start Labor Day weekend.

That's awesome man and good luck! I had a similar experience with Oscar at that age. I actually took him on a game farm hunt at 5 months and he kicked butt; pointing, flushing, and tackling every bird we shot. We've been steadily honing his skills, especially retrieving, in the off season and I'm pumped for the pheasant opener!

That’s a really nice photo. It’s hard to believe that little squirt is that big now lol

He’s got a really nice, flat laying coat on him.

He was about 6 weeks and 13 or so pounds in the first picture. He is 14 months (yesterday) and around 70# now. Fortunately my girls are both Olympic weightlifters, so holding him's no big deal. :)

His coat has been awesome other than the soft face fur. He likes to stick his head in the stickers and preacher's lice and he's lost some to the comb. LOL!

hobbes

WKR
View attachment 446182Here is our griff pup. About 13 weeks and loves to hit the fields with our local navhda group. Hopefully he crushes his NA test in April! I didn’t plan on him ever sitting on the couch but my wife had other ideas and it’s best not to argue over such things.
I tried to keep mine off the couch too but gave up when I couldn't get my wife onboard with a no couch rule.

View attachment 446182Here is our griff pup. About 13 weeks and loves to hit the fields with our local navhda group. Hopefully he crushes his NA test in April! I didn’t plan on him ever sitting on the couch but my wife had other ideas and it’s best not to argue over such things.
Wow, he's a spitting image of Oscar when he was that age. He had the same white blaze on top of his snout and identical coat. Oscar had a couple of big heart shaped brown patches on his back and butt too.

Attachments

• Oscar puppy.jpg
    Oscar puppy.jpg
    435.9 KB · Views: 14

Broomd

WKR
Wow, he's a spitting image of Oscar when he was that age. He had the same white blaze on top of his snout and identical coat. Oscar had a couple of big heart shaped brown patches on his back and butt too.
Spittin image to mine too! I thought the same thing! My boy is full grown now, helluva dog.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_10cf.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_10cf.jpeg
    241.3 KB · Views: 20

tpicou

Lil-Rokslider
WHAT?! They look identical haha. I love when they have white blaze patches there. @Broomd too!

Last edited:

2ski

WKR
Great looking dog. He's going to have a nice coat! I'm curious the breeder. You can send me a message if you'd prefer. Should be a great looking dog. My no couch rule lasted until he could jump on the couch on his own. He'd curl up and go to sleep and I couldn't bring myself to tell him he couldn't. Lol

Oscar came from Coppershot Griffons out of NW Iowa. Cliff Koele was the breeder at the time and he'd been breeding hunting Griffons for 50 years. Oscar's mother was "Coppershot's Jenta JH" and his father was "CH Flatbrooks Walker MH".

I forgot to mention, had Oscar out for a run in my hay field last night. Otw back to the house, he spotted 2 plovers in the field and they flushed wild. A short distance away he got birdy near a thick patch or foxtail and 2 young pheasants busted out before he could get there and pin them down. However, he continued to the foxtail patch and nearly fell over coming to a hard point! I eased up with quiet "whoa" commands and when I was right behind him he launched into the weeds, flushing the third young bird that had held. It was an awesome moment, and I was ecstatic!!! Cannot wait for the opener!

Last edited:

KurtR

WKR
Oscar came from Coppershot Griffons out of NW Iowa. Cliff Koele was the breeder at the time and he'd been breeding hunting Griffons for 50 years. Oscar's mother was "Coppershot's Jenta JH" and his father was "CH Flatbrooks Walker MH".

I forgot to mention, had Oscar out for a run in my hay field last night. Otw back to the house, he spotted 2 plovers in the field and they flushed wild. A short distance away he got birdy near a thick patch or foxtail and 2 young pheasants busted out before he could get there and pin them down. However, he continued to the foxtail patch and nearly fell over coming to a hard point! I eased up with quiet "whoa" commands and when I was right behind him he launched into the weeds, flushing the third young bird that had held. It was an awesome moment, and I was ecstatic!!! Cannot wait for the opener!
Be careful in that fox tail a dog breaths it in it can migrate down and get lodged in lungs causing infection and kill them.