New Digiscoping Option—MagView **Review Added 8/3/22**

fnf01

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone tried one of these on a Kowa 553?
Interested in this too, I'm in need of a new spoter, my athlon took a dump and I've always wanted the 553. Thinking while I'm at it I could switch to the magview from the novagrade

j3butch

Lil-Rokslider
Just got the MagView set up on my Swaro 12's and 65mm spotter. By far the sleekest and easiest I've tried. Only draw back is I can't use my wireless phone chargers while using the metal piece on the back of my case!

I’ve been using the ProCam app for a long time to do selective lenses and tweak with settings especially on video. Might be a bit more then most would want and it’s not free.

jpndave

FNG
Has anyone gotten Qi/wireless charging to work with the plate attached to phone or does it kill it for sure? Samsung S22 if that matters. I really love my wireless charging and want to be able to go back and forth from normal routine to the scope.

Has anyone tried one of these on a Kowa 553?
I ordered one to try on my kowa 554 and the rings provided are all too big for the eyepiece. I had ordered the Ollin Prior to the magview for another scope. After looking at both of them, the Mag view got sold and I’ll wait for Ollin to make an adapter for the 553/554. Ollin to me is a better system.

Reactions: 307
I just received mine yesterday and tried it out. I got one for the swaro stx and one for the NL pure. The quality and build of this setup is great and the idea of this system is the best out there. Shipping was fast and I felt like i was opening the latest iphone with the quality of packaging. I wanted to love the system but just couldn't.. I primarily use my NLs from my tripod and with the loss of eye relief, I nearly have to push my eye sockets in to the eyecups to get full view with the magnet attached to the eye cup. I knew it was going to stick out a little, but it was more than expected.

The S1 spotter attachment isn't much of an issue and the cover itself is certainly an upgrade from the swaro factory eyepiece cover.

Just throwing that out there for anyone wondering how the binocular setup performed.

wayoh22

WKR
Have been fooling with the Magview and overall it's a great concept but the consistency isn't there for me. It works when it works but depending on zoom you have to readjust which isn't practical. I'll use it until Ollin makes an adapter for Leupold products.

Has anyone used this successfully with an iPhone 13 mini?

It looks like I would need to trim down the width in the plate by a touch to make it work. Will this interfere with the function? Is my phone going to be too short to get lined up with the lens when using the s1 adapter?

Wyomuleskinner

Lil-Rokslider
It’s funny how people wait until a Democrat takes office and then decide they need ammo

I just received mine yesterday and tried it out. I got one for the swaro stx and one for the NL pure. The quality and build of this setup is great and the idea of this system is the best out there. Shipping was fast and I felt like i was opening the latest iphone with the quality of packaging. I wanted to love the system but just couldn't.. I primarily use my NLs from my tripod and with the loss of eye relief, I nearly have to push my eye sockets in to the eyecups to get full view with the magnet attached to the eye cup. I knew it was going to stick out a little, but it was more than expected.

The S1 spotter attachment isn't much of an issue and the cover itself is certainly an upgrade from the swaro factory eyepiece cover.

Just throwing that out there for anyone wondering how the binocular setup performed.

This was my experience. I used one on my meopta 15x. I wear glasses and it makes glassing uncomfortable. It works pretty good for digiscoping but it really takes away from the glassing experience.

kaburt1

FNG
Hey guys,

I was just curious on what phone cases y'all are running and if you have ever had any issues with the adhesive plate (that attaches to your phone) falling off?

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

as.ks.ak

WKR
Hey guys,

I was just curious on what phone cases y'all are running and if you have ever had any issues with the adhesive plate (that attaches to your phone) falling off?

Thanks!!

I have this speck case with the ridges on the back. I was concerned about the plate not wanting to stick so I ordered a new case with a smooth back. But went ahead and tried it on this case anyways….two weeks now and no issue with the plate wanting to come off or being an issue in and out of my front pocket. Pretty impressed thus far.

b9559bb3c5bbc6cbf9b50c8883bdbc24.jpg

3db7182987336cba7e979109e2ecf117.jpg

I have my plate on an otterbox hard case but had previously reached out to Magview and they said it would work on the silicone cases as well. Plate is still attached to the otterbox but it's only been a week.

Has anyone used this successfully with an iPhone 13 mini?

It looks like I would need to trim down the width in the plate by a touch to make it work. Will this interfere with the function? Is my phone going to be too short to get lined up with the lens when using the s1 adapter?
Wanted to come back and confirm that I ordered one and it does fit my iPhone 13 mini. Very thrilled with everything so far.

Reactions: tak
Another thing I’ve noticed as a left eye dominant person is that the flip cap interferes with my face while glassing as they show it being setup (flipping out to the right).

I attempted to solve this by setting it up to flip out to the left. However, this was a problem as well, due to gravity wanting to then rotate my eye relief out counter clockwise once I attached my phone, thus making it impossible for me to film in a horizontal orientation.

I have solved this by filming in a vertical orientation with the flip cap flipping out downward. This is not a big deal for me, as this is how I’m used to doing it with my Phoneskope, but something to be aware of for left eye dominant individuals.

ChrisAU

WKR
So has anyone tried a iPhone 12/13/14 with MagSafe to see if you can get away with not using the plate? Would be a huge upside IMO. I went from an 11 Pro to a 14 Pro last week and now have magnetic wireless chargers in my truck and home and I’m not giving those up. If this doesn’t work then it sure is an untapped market.

So has anyone tried a iPhone 12/13/14 with MagSafe to see if you can get away with not using the plate? Would be a huge upside IMO. I went from an 11 Pro to a 14 Pro last week and now have magnetic wireless chargers in my truck and home and I’m not giving those up. If this doesn’t work then it sure is an untapped market.
I just got a 13 so I can take the case off and try when I’m home tonight. I was going to just get a cheap silicone case and swap to it on trips.