New Digiscoping Option—MagView **Review Added 8/3/22**

stu#71

FNG
Like you say though it’s a bit strange that they don’t. You’d think being such a lightweight and small package it would be real simple to send?

stu#71

FNG
We’ve found a freight forwarding company. Bit of a mission but I think we’ve sorted it. Thanks

Procision Arms

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
I mounted it to the left eyepiece, so it left the diopter adjustment free.

The other issue I forgot to mention, with the adapter attached, the rubber eyepiece cover no longer fits.

Maybe there’s a better way to attach it? I’m going to keep experimenting, I’ve switched to carrying the BTX instead of a spotter on a lot of hunts, I’ve just missed the ability to easily digiscope.

Procision Arms

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Can’t you then just use the S1 on the BTX, or is the diameter incompatible?

And to make the eyepieces even, while not using the phone can’t you just adjust out the “naked” eyecup to match the length of the B1-ensconced eyecup? Perhaps you are already twisting them all of the way out so you have no way to even them?
The diameter on the S1 is too big for the BTX eye piece

You can twist one cup in and one cup out like you said, it helps, but doesn’t cure the problem.

Plivey

FNG
We’ve found a freight forwarding company. Bit of a mission but I think we’ve sorted it. Thanks
I regularly send gear to buddies in NZ - I can help if you get stuck. No charge, just cover the costs. Shoot me a PM if the freight co ends up being a hassle - I can provide NZ references to confirm it’s legit.

stu#71

FNG
I regularly send gear to buddies in NZ - I can help if you get stuck. No charge, just cover the costs. Shoot me a PM if the freight co ends up being a hassle - I can provide NZ references to confirm it’s legit.
That’s fantastic, thank you very much. I’ll let him know although he was last seen looking for measuring verniers to see if they’ll actually fit his model of binos!

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Few more from this weekend. Highly recommend using the app. It automatically uses the correct lens on multi lens phones. It seemed to produce better shots for me as well.

Swarovski ATS65 and Zeiss Terra 8x42 adapters with an iPhone 11.

5d5183e203ca882f51983b5902f22030.jpg

ab988794ffdb684a1ac85b91534fa20f.jpg

a5f83e2c061d317b61595d20c4cadb24.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Our team of @SLDMTN and @Tony Trietch are already out in the field on hunts, but they were able to get this review completed and sent to me and @robby denning just before they left. This system looks really sweet, and I know I'm excited to see one in person. Check out their review!

MagView Digiscoping System Review

Keep an eye out for more content from Kyle, Tony, Robby, and Jordan, as I know most of them are out in the field using the adapters as I type this!

stu#71

FNG
Few more from this weekend. Highly recommend using the app. It automatically uses the correct lens on multi lens phones. It seemed to produce better shots for me as well.

Swarovski ATS65 and Zeiss Terra 8x42 adapters with an iPhone 11.

5d5183e203ca882f51983b5902f22030.jpg

ab988794ffdb684a1ac85b91534fa20f.jpg

a5f83e2c061d317b61595d20c4cadb24.jpg

Super photos!!!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Everybody be careful tightening those Allen heads onto your eyepieces. I hadn’t had any problem until today transferring the B1 over to my BTX.

It was performing super well love how it lined up but it seemed like the ring was a little loose even with the spacer so I gave the Allen head a few extra turns and I went right through the ring. I’m sure it was my fault but it didn’t seem like it was tightening up that much. Just keep that in mind when installing. To note, the Allen head is digger on the S one than the B1

Millwood21

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone know if this will work with the kowa 883. I reached out to them but they couldn’t tell me a for sure answer. I rented a scope and it won’t be in till 2 days before I’m heading out for my trip.
If anyone has a measurement on the eye piece for the kowa would be great. They said get measurements and reach back out and they could tell me for sure.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Does anyone know if this will work with the kowa 883. I reached out to them but they couldn’t tell me a for sure answer. I rented a scope and it won’t be in till 2 days before I’m heading out for my trip.
If anyone has a measurement on the eye piece for the kowa would be great. They said get measurements and reach back out and they could tell me for sure.
Looks like @Elnicko got to work with the te-11 eye piece
377ad988ea0af511277099b982c64da2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
it fits Kyle's KOWA Prominar in the lead pic of the final review:

look up the specs for both scopes and compare. They should be all over the place on the web.

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
it fits Kyle's KOWA Prominar in the lead pic of the final review:

look up the specs for both scopes and compare. They should be all over the place on the web.
I have a buddy with an 883 that will measure the eyepiece this evening when he’s back home.

as.ks.ak

WKR
@Millwood21 So I am the other guy with the 883 like @SLDMTN said. It looks like you already have your answer from @Elnicko with the wz eyepiece. If you actually want measurements reach out to me. But I’d just go ahead and purchase one and if you run into issues return it….sounds like the mag view is worth it to me.

RyanC

WKR
I was just about to buy the spotting scope adapter but when I measured the eyepiece diameter on my 82mm Meopta S2 I realized it was 1/8" too small. Hopefully they will come out with something for smaller eyepieces.
Yeah that's a bummer man.......I'm in the same boat. Just measured the eye piece on mine and looks like it's 48mm