New Argali Lightweight Tent Line **Review Added 7/10/22**

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member

An in depth conversation on the new tent line and an extra bit of info on something new.

cstab

FNG
Looking at buying my first tent for a DIY solo elk hunt this coming fall, and with my limited research this tent certainly seems to stand out. Just to confirm, orders placed now will ship by June?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Brad@Argali

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Looking at buying my first tent for a DIY solo elk hunt this coming fall, and with my limited research this tent certainly seems to stand out. Just to confirm, orders placed now will ship by June?

Yes, late June or early July.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

ffemt94

Lil-Rokslider
Brad@argali does the three piece carbon pole for the 2P tent fit inside of its self similar to the seek outside carbon poles? Or are you left with three equally long pieces that you have to lash to the outside of your pack?

Also assuming that the preorder for tents is still open if I can add the tent to the cart?

OP
Brad@Argali

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Brad@argali does the three piece carbon pole for the 2P tent fit inside of its self similar to the seek outside carbon poles? Or are you left with three equally long pieces that you have to lash to the outside of your pack?

Also assuming that the preorder for tents is still open if I can add the tent to the cart?

The middle pole section slides inside of the upper or lower pole, so you really have 2 pole sections to put in your pack or strap to the outside of your pack.

OP
Brad@Argali

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

And yes, pre order is still open.

Freeride

FNG
I noticed these dont have sod skirts on them. What was the reasoning for not including that? And how was the wind coming through the sides on these?

I am very very close to getting one, but have only used ones with sod skirts before.

OP
Brad@Argali

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I noticed these dont have sod skirts on them. What was the reasoning for not including that? And how was the wind coming through the sides on these?

I am very very close to getting one, but have only used ones with sod skirts before.
We designed them so you can pitch the tent all the way against the ground by running the stake through the webbing if you want to block the wind. It works well to keep the wind out. With the 2 and 4 person tents, we didn't see a need to move the bottom guy outs up the tent to keep the wind out. With larger tents, loke 6 and up, I do think it makes a difference as the tent footprint is much larger, and without moving guy-outs upt you're likely to have gaps along the bottom somewhere.

These look good! As far as durability is the 2 or 4 P going to hold up better in strong wings or is it equal? Also with the trekking pole setups does this sacrifice durability compared to using the carbon pole? The 4P with Trekking poles seems interesting but I’m not sure how that would work connecting two poles. Thanks!!

OP
Brad@Argali

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
These look good! As far as durability is the 2 or 4 P going to hold up better in strong wings or is it equal? Also with the trekking pole setups does this sacrifice durability compared to using the carbon pole? The 4P with Trekking poles seems interesting but I’m not sure how that would work connecting two poles. Thanks!!
Both do very well in the wind. A smaller tent (i.e. the Rincon 2P) is always going to be affected less by high winds because there is less fabric to get caught in the wind (small sale vs a large sale). But both do well in the wind and with 8 ground stake out points plus the etra guy out points located above the ground, you shouldn't have any trouble. In terms of pole connection, there are many ways to do this, such as using a couple of ski straps, or buying a trekking pole hitch/connector. We are working on a very unique pole connector that we'll launch later this fall as well. Hope that helps.

Both do very well in the wind. A smaller tent (i.e. the Rincon 2P) is always going to be affected less by high winds because there is less fabric to get caught in the wind (small sale vs a large sale). But both do well in the wind and with 8 ground stake out points plus the etra guy out points located above the ground, you shouldn't have any trouble. In terms of pole connection, there are many ways to do this, such as using a couple of ski straps, or buying a trekking pole hitch/connector. We are working on a very unique pole connector that we'll launch later this fall as well. Hope that helps.
Thank you! Really excited about this as an option. Plan is to pre-order soon!