New Argali Lightweight Tent Line **Review Added 7/10/22**

Brad@Argali said:
It is on the sight but it's all good...for the 4 person you're looking at 1.875 lbs for the tent/rain fly, and for the 2 person it's 1.2 lbs...that's with the stove jack for both tents

Pretty sure that literally says tent/rainfly, implying inner tent AND rain fly (tipi part). Its why I asked. Would like confirmation cause for both because that weight is very appealing. At that height I could cheat the CF pole too, with a trekking pole extension that only adds one ounce. Doubles my solo tipi size for the same weight or is half the weight of my larger 6 man tipi.
The tent or rain fly are the same thing. Its all on the webpage he has linked in the first post.

An inner tent is different and usually called an inner or an insert or a nest or something like that. The insert is also on the website.

Drenalin

WKR
Brad@Argali said:
It is on the sight but it's all good...for the 4 person you're looking at 1.875 lbs for the tent/rain fly, and for the 2 person it's 1.2 lbs...that's with the stove jack for both tents

Pretty sure that literally says tent/rainfly, implying inner tent AND rain fly (tipi part). Its why I asked. Would like confirmation cause for both because that weight is very appealing. At that height I could cheat the CF pole too, with a trekking pole extension that only adds one ounce. Doubles my solo tipi size for the same weight or is half the weight of my larger 6 man tipi.
I think the / implies tent=rain fly. For example, the site lists the 2P rain fly as 1.2 pounds and the inner as 1.4 pounds for a total shelter weight (less pole) of 2.6 pounds.

Moserkr

WKR
The tent or rain fly are the same thing. Its all on the webpage he has linked in the first post.

An inner tent is different and usually called an inner or an insert or a nest or something like that. The insert is also on the website.
Got it. Im a sloooow learner haha.
I think the / implies tent=rain fly. For example, the site lists the 2P rain fly as 1.2 pounds and the inner as 1.4 pounds for a total shelter weight (less pole) of 2.6 pounds.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
These look awesome Brad! I've been using the Shangri La 5 for years which is similar to this and love it.

The material you are using will be better along with the dual zippers and removable stove jack.

OP
Brad@Argali

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
These look awesome Brad! I've been using the Shangri La 5 for years which is similar to this and love it.

The material you are using will be better along with the dual zippers and removable stove jack.
Thanks Justin!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Any way to set this system up during a rainstorm without getting the inner soaked? Could you stake outside fly corners, not attach inner mesh at the corners, but lift center pole? Then go back and attach corners on inner to outer from underneath? Just some thoughts. Or have you already tried this Brad and what kind of experience was it? Just thinking about those rainstorms setups that I don’t enjoy.

Rabbit Ranger

Lil-Rokslider
Brad,

Real-estate can be at a premium on ridgelines and it's often challenging to find an area much wider than a sleeping pad's width. That said, using the 2P without an insert, how well will it pitch on a generous slope in your opinion? Are you still able get the sides taught? Any tips or tricks you've learned would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

FlyingDutchman

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like a couple great options. Based on the stove location in the 4P do you have to have both people sleep on one side of the shelter, or can you fit a guy on either side of the stove and each have a door? I checked out the website. Hard to tell from pics, is there enough vestibule space with the inner attached for a pack and boots. Thanks

Last edited:
OP
Brad@Argali

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Any way to set this system up during a rainstorm without getting the inner soaked? Could you stake outside fly corners, not attach inner mesh at the corners, but lift center pole? Then go back and attach corners on inner to outer from underneath? Just some thoughts. Or have you already tried this Brad and what kind of experience was it? Just thinking about those rainstorms setups that I don’t enjoy.
Good question and yes, you definitely can. You would connect the 4 corners, unzip the insert, hold up the center with your hand or back, step inside the insert and then take the center pole and run it through both the tent and insert. Sounds like a process but it's pretty simple.

OP
Brad@Argali

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Brad,

Real-estate can be at a premium on ridgelines and it's often challenging to find an area much wider than a sleeping pad's width. That said, using the 2P without an insert, how well will it pitch on a generous slope in your opinion? Are you still able get the sides taught? Any tips or tricks you've learned would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason
Also a great question. I literally made the Rincon 2P precisely for awkward pitching, especially when you might have a flat spot big enough for one side but not the other if you are by yourself. I've run into this problem in particular hunting mule deer and trying to sleep in deer beds.

You can run one side of the guy outs against the ground and use the line loc adjusters on the other side keep the tent elevated so you can still get a decent pitch by keeping the bottom of the tent on the same plane.

OP
Brad@Argali

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Looks like a couple great options. Based on the stove location in the 4P do you have to have both people sleep on one side of the shelter, or can you fit a guy on either side of the stove and each have a door? I checked out the website. Hard to tell from pics, is there enough vestibule space with the inner attached for a pack and boots. Thanks
Really depends on the size of the people for proximity to stove. If it is two tall people likely would need to be on the side opposite the stove. But you could run two people in a V shape around the stove as well. With the insert, plenty of room for 2 people and all your gear and weapons. With 4 people you can get boots and packs and most of your gear assuming it isn't excessive, but not weapons.

OP
Brad@Argali

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Definitely going to buy one on the 15. Is there a specific time your going to put them on sale? Just don’t want to miss out
Yup, sale starts at 10 am MST on the 15th.

OP
Brad@Argali

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
How is condensation on these in bad weather?
It is similar to any other single wall shelter of comparable size. The advantage of silpoly though is you don't have the sag-effect that you get eith some fabrics, so your bag and gear are less likely to touch the condensation of the tent.

This has become top runner for my new tent. Checks a lot of boxes and very reasonable price. I really like the versatility of the system with the weights listed.

willidru

WKR
Looked and the website and the pictures on the Rincon totally confused me. It says it’s a 2P tent but it actually looks like you can fit 2 humans. Is this possible? Are those baby size sleeping pads? C22069E0-F715-4C8F-99F5-8C7F3F1D2755.jpeg