Need KUIU recommendations

Just double checking, but I think I remember seeing that the early Kuiu was made in Canada and the newest gear is made in China? Is this correct?

I hunt Montana and my hunting partner wears kanab . No problems at all so far....two seasons and about 40 days in the Montana back country...I have converted to the first lite base layers and chama hoody..best peice I own.. Can't go wrong with first lite or kuiu IMO. I wear just regular hiking pants from north face and arc'teryx cheaper then first lite and kuiu and work just as well. Up to you what you want...I'd defiantly get some Merino, different weights, some light hiking pants, puffy insulation either down or primaloft and rain shell . Its Montana anything can happen..last Sept it snowed mid sep . Then went to a heat wave of 90 degrees for 5 days then went to37 and raining for the last 5 days of the month.

I thought so. Thank you.

I found a pair of attack pants online in my size and she posted a picture of the tag and it has the Canadian maple leaf on it. Is there a difference really between the quality of material used or any features on the pant between those made in Canada vs China?

Kotaman

WKR
I thought so. Thank you.

I found a pair of attack pants online in my size and she posted a picture of the tag and it has the Canadian maple leaf on it. Is there a difference really between the quality of material used or any features on the pant between those made in Canada vs China?

Not really. The fit on the Canada ones is a hair more generous but they are a hair shorter in length, and they don't have the vent zips on the sides.

Not really. The fit on the Canada ones is a hair more generous but they are a hair shorter in length, and they don't have the vent zips on the sides.

I hear some people talk up the vent zips as a very important feature. Are they really that big of a deal?

I'm trying to start building up a system for September archery elk in ID, UT, CO, and NM for a couple years down the road.

Weekender

WKR
I hear some people talk up the vent zips as a very important feature. Are they really that big of a deal?

I'm trying to start building up a system for September archery elk in ID, UT, CO, and NM for a couple years down the road.

I use my vents all the time. Nothing better then dumping heat in a hard hike. I'm guessing you get at least another 10 degrees of comfort out of any vented pants.

Kotaman

WKR

For me the vents aren't a deal breaker. Nice feature to have for sure, but not an absolute necessity for me. For me, the fit of the Canada version pants over rides the vents on the new ones.

For me the vents aren't a deal breaker. Nice feature to have for sure, but not an absolute necessity for me. For me, the fit of the Canada version pants over rides the vents on the new ones.
?
Gotcha. Is the fabric the same on each pant? Including the water repelling DWR treatment?