My People... Looking for Employment

Bulldawg

WKR
What's going on everyone,

Well, I got news last week that my position is being eliminated and I'll be laid off in 3 weeks, day before I was supposed to take a 2 week trip turkey hunting, which looks like will have to be canceled.

The job market is hit or miss these days and depends on industry. I am wondering if any of you know of anything available or if you're hiring yourself.

Bulk of my experience is in inventory management for retail (Cabela's and Target) and OEM demand planning/forecast management. I was also an outfitter for a while in Colorado as well.

We are moving to central Texas in 2 months so I am looking for stuff in the are but I've also been working remote for the last 3 years (like many others) so I'm hopeful for a remote position.

Would appreciate any and all leads or recommendations. I appreciate it everyone!

Sorry to hear this and my advice would be to create LinkedIn and Glassdoor accounts. Upload a recent resume and filter potential opportunities by your desired position/salary.

bozeman

WKR
Best of luck in your search. LinkedIn is your friend. With all of the supply chain issues still happening, you should be able to get some feelers.

JD Jones

WKR
You’re in the right field. Supply chain is ripe with opportunity and demand is high. Look into defense companies. There’s quite a bit of churn and jobs post daily … many remote

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I just read two days ago that Mike Rowe, of dirty Jobs fame reported that 7 million men between the age of 25 thru 54 have taken themselves out if the work force, and are not actively looking for jobs. Hopefully that will help in your search for work. Best of luck. what the hell has happened, what happened to the good old work ethic this country was so famous for?????

UPRR has hundreds of jobs available. Up to $50k bonus for train crew. They are in a hiring deficit.
All kinds of locations.
Pm me for my number if you have questions.
They will give me a 1k referral even if you make probation.
I'm in the track department.
UpJobs.com

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Caliber collision is based in the Dallas area. Don’t have to have automotive experience or knowledge, they’ve hired people from all kinds of backgrounds for the corporate side and shop manager levels.

I just read two days ago that Mike Rowe, of dirty Jobs fame reported that 7 million men between the age of 25 thru 54 have taken themselves out if the work force, and are not actively looking for jobs. Hopefully that will help in your search for work. Best of luck. what the hell has happened, what happened to the good old work ethic this country was so famous for?????
Human nature and unemployment benefits that pay more than the jobs many folks formerly worked. When folks are "incented" not to work, they won't.

People figured out that they can vote for a living vs working for a living.

Welcome to the age of entitlement and feelings.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
People figured out that they can vote for a living vs working for a living.
If one is satisfied living on unemployment benefits, which at some point run out, that is a sad state of affairs and says a lot about the direction this country is heading for and is in. A union A/C mechanic in Ca. can make 78K a year and that is without any overtime. Not a fortune, but with most families having two incomes you can have a nice comfortable life style. The more you demand from the Govt. the more the Govt. gives you, the more the Govt. can control your life.

UPRR has hundreds of jobs available. Up to $50k bonus for train crew. They are in a hiring deficit.
All kinds of locations.
Pm me for my number if you have questions.
They will give me a 1k referral even if you make probation.
I'm in the track department.
UpJobs.com
Sounds promising.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I'm not talkin unemployment, I'm talkin career welfare/gov assistance recipients, not to mention those receiving Social Security Disability for life because they're confused about their gender.
Yes there are many ways for people to sit on their lazy asses and bring in enough money to sustain a meager life stile, and keep them in drugs and alcohol. If that is not enough, they can always become criminals.

Mike Rowe doesn't really understand what that number means...

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Mike Rowe doesn't really understand what that number means...
OK, enlighten me, what do they mean???? I have followed him for many years. I tend to agree with almost everything he says. One thing he says is the vocational and skilled trade jobs are plentiful, and not being filled. I say it is because people are LAZY, they would much rather sit home and let the govt. take care of them. LAZY.

OK, enlighten me, what do they mean???? I have followed him for many years. I tend to agree with almost everything he says. One thing he says is the vocational and skilled trade jobs are plentiful, and not being filled. I say it is because people are LAZY, they would much rather sit home and let the govt. take care of them. LAZY.
I think its because they are stupid. I work with all kinds of people that are so stupid its un believable. I honestly cannot believe I don't have to tie there shoes. I litterly have to watch everything they do like like a hawk.
I told my boss it would almost be easier to just do all 3 positions by myself rather then watch those dummies.

Litterly if I need to take a poop I almost have to put them in lock out tag out to keep them from screwing stuff up.

It’s absolutely crazy, but the pro side is it creates a lot of opportunity for those who are motivated to participate in society rather than leech off of it like it’s a right

Never thought government beneficiary would be a legitimate career field 😂