My 2024 Sheep Hunts

OP
aoudad

aoudad

FNG
Defiantly some conflicting info. This is straight off the non resident declaration form...
b6450976d220ea198ac085b2dc10ef9d.jpg

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
You’re looking at a prohibited firearm…….
See restricted firearms

I just re read the Dec form. That's prohibited. Restricted is the 18.5 inches. Thank you for bringing this up. Makes my choice a no brainer. Appreciate it. Sorry for the confusion

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

j3butch

Lil-Rokslider
Took the WY rifle out to 860 yards today. Not that I’d shoot that far at a sheep or deer but this rifle shoots good! Getting 2847 fps 18” bbl.

So the GW rifle being 18”…… from what I’ve read I cannot take it into Canada as it’s a restricted firearm (under 18.5”) and you can’t hunt with a restricted firearm. So I have a proof 22” bbl 6.5 I’ll be taking across the border for stone sheep.
This is some alarming news as I’m heading to NWT this August for a Dall hunt and my 6.5 PRC has an 18” barrel. Does the Muzzle Brake count? Including the brake I’m over 18.5!
Also, any concern with an XLR Atom folding chassis?

OP
aoudad

aoudad

FNG
This is some alarming news as I’m heading to NWT this August for a Dall hunt and my 6.5 PRC has an 18” barrel. Does the Muzzle Brake count? Including the brake I’m over 18.5!
Also, any concern with an XLR Atom folding chassis?
The way I read it the MB does not count. Don’t know about the stock.
Just read the forms. Gunwerks swore it was ok, but I can read English and it’s pretty clear what’s allowed and not allowed.

ljalberta

WKR
FYI, it’s been a moment since I looked into the dumb laws that govern barrel length here, and it may have changed, but it used to be that the 18.5” rule applied to semi auto rifles. The 18” rule applied to bolt action after it left the factory. As it relates to a bolt action, you could shorten a barrel down to 18”, or have even a shorter barrel as long as it came from the factory that way. Muzzle devices are excluded. Folders have rules governing minimum length as well.

You will want to double check as this may not longer be the case.