Murse

It's not about passing with folks who know the options for concealed carry.

Sneaky has nothing to do with it.
Fair enough. And I understand that. "Sneaky" doesn't translate as intended.

I think there's a couple of factors to consider - in MT, a dude with an accessory bag stands out - advertising, as mentioned above. In other parts of the country, I suppose it blends in more.

I think the more urban/fashionable/hipster your bag looks the more discreet CC is. Take something like the maxpedition gearslingers vs a gucci bag. I’m definitely not saying to buy a gucci bag, but it may be wise to buy something a little more “streetwear” rather than something from a tactical company

Which bag to you think is more likely to have a gun?
IMG_7545.jpeg
IMG_7544.jpeg

I think some decent, middle of the road options are something like a patagonia atom sling, osprey sling/waist/shoulder bags, coropaxi, or even a nice leather messenger bag.

If you are into the whole fashion thing or can pull it off, supreme actually makes a shoulder bag that looks like it would work quite well.

Here’s another thought experiment because i’m bored: who has the gun? All in all, the more you look like a non-gender binary fashionista man/woman the less likely you are to get shot.
IMG_7547.jpeg
IMG_7546.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a small orvis fishing sling pack that at times I have put my pistol and gear into, when concealed carry wasn't conducive. Not the fastest draw by any means, but it's still with me.

Anytime I see a dude with a fanny pack, shoulder bag, sling pack, murse, messenger bag, etc, I just figure they're carrying ....so it's not that sneaky....

Carry on!!
True, but true to form, places that whine about "Gun Free Zone" seem to turn a blind eye to sling packs, etc!
Kinda like, "If I can't see it, it's not there!"
Stupid, really.
I go into doctors offices, churches and businesses! Nobody seems to care, or notice.

I think the more urban/fashionable/hipster your bag looks the more discreet CC is. Take something like the maxpedition gearslingers vs a gucci bag. I’m definitely not saying to buy a gucci bag, but it may be wise to buy something a little more “streetwear” rather than something from a tactical company

View attachment 694971
View attachment 694972

I think some decent, middle of the road options are something like a patagonia atom sling, osprey sling/waist/shoulder bags, coropaxi, or even a nice leather messenger bag.

If you are into the whole fashion thing or can pull it off, supreme actually makes a shoulder bag that looks like it would work quite well.

Here’s another thought experiment because i’m bored: who has the gun?
View attachment 694977
View attachment 694978

Never really knew of this Supreme.

But I feel like I need that shirt.

As someone who strives to wear gym shorts 24/7/365, I’ve tried to figure this out myself. I’m not sure what you are carrying so this might not apply to you, but I’ve found that clipping a P365 to compression shorts + gym shorts gets the job done for trips to the grocery store or whatever. Anything bigger probably wouldn't work. It works best if you have massive quads and wear short shorts so your would-be attacker is so impressed with your gains that they don’t see you drawing your CCW.

View attachment 694971
View attachment 694972

Here’s another thought experiment because i’m bored: who has the gun?
View attachment 694977
View attachment 694978
I'm definitely keeping a healthy distance away from mr supreme, he's got an edge to him that screams FAFO.

I use this small one when hiking daily on our single track trails, doesn't raise an eyebrow and still have room for some other bits including a windshirt (or hardshell depending). J frame + 2 speed loaders; would easily accommodate any of the smaller semi's and a couple of mags.

https://www.mysteryranch.com/forager-hip-mini-bag

RbPvulp.jpg

I've also used HPG's small kit bags, doesn't draw any attention- but I really like to have a windshirt/hardshell w/ me and the small lumbar pack works better.

Your not going to get as fast presentations w/ either vs a holster, but I think fast enough for almost all cases.

Just wear a belt under your pajamas and carry whatever you want.

This is my solution when I jog or sans belt loops.

There are belly-band setups that still have a rigid holster-type shell, but I have no idea if they are good/comfortable/secure.

Fair enough. And I understand that. "Sneaky" doesn't translate as intended.

I think there's a couple of factors to consider - in MT, a dude with an accessory bag stands out - advertising, as mentioned above. In other parts of the country, I suppose it blends in more.
And I suppose there are thugs who are smarter than the average bear and know there might be a firearm in a certain kind of bag ... That could be good news or bad news, depending.

Back