Multi Caliber / Switch Barrel Systems

Ratpick68

FNG
Roksliders - looking for real world experience with barrel change systems that can be accomplished in the field WITHOUT barrel vice, action wrench, etc... Two prominent make/models are GunWerks Nexus and Barbour Creek Fusion (Terminus Zeus Quick Change). I also see West Texas Ordnance SwitchLug as a part option.

Any other suggested platforms or products ?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Roksliders - looking for real world experience with barrel change systems that can be accomplished in the field WITHOUT barrel vice, action wrench, etc... Two prominent make/models are GunWerks Nexus and Barbour Creek Fusion (Terminus Zeus Quick Change). I also see West Texas Ordnance SwitchLug as a part option.

Any other suggested platforms or products ?

If you are doing it in the field, without trying to rezero, you are basically limited to the Blaser R8 and Sauer 404. Both systems are significantly better switch barrel systems than any domestic option.

OP
Ratpick68

Ratpick68

FNG
I think blaser and Sauer both make one.
Thanks Tock-O. I will look them up!
If you are doing it in the field, without trying to rezero, you are basically limited to the Blaser R8 and Sauer 404. Both systems are significantly better switch barrel systems than any domestic option.
Thanks for the note Formidilosus. I looked at both. Interesting. Available calibers seem to favor European ones.

raske007

FNG
Just ordered a terminus zeus sa. Like the idea of practicing all year in a smaller caliber and larger in the fall. Curious to know how often most people actually change calibers or barrels in this set up.

sram9102

WKR
I have a wto tikka. Once you figure out the different zeros between barrels I would have zero issues switching barrels in the field. My setup repeats zeros better than I can shoot.

BjornF16

WKR
You can get any cartridge you want (within magazine compatibility) in an R8 with this barrel extension:

I’m planning on 7PRC in very near future

I believe @THLR is currently running a Bear8 barrel extension with 6.5-284 chamber