MT unlimited sheep

S-3 ranch

WKR
22.5K for UNLIMITED SHEEP? I know nothing about sheep hunting but that sounds absolutely insane to me! Why would you not take that kind of money and go buy an actual sheep hunt in Alaska or something?
Exactly, seems shady to me getting a solicitor outfitter , how did he get my contact information?

Last edited:
OP
tkhuntsman
I was solicited today buy crosshair outfitters ( I don’t except soliciting sheep hunt from unknown sources)
is this even a good deal?

Special Offer:
2023/2024 Seasons Montana Unlimited Area Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep Special $22,500 fully outfitted and guided. Don’t overlook this unique opportunity!

If you are after any species of North American Sheep send me a PM and I’ll connect you with proven operators I know, have personally hunted with and trust.

We do Sheep Internationally as well. Thanks All!””
Yeah that seems pretty ridiculous. It's competitive for sheep hunts in an area that has good populations and more consistent harvest opportunities. Unlimited units are tough with low sheep numbers and competition is steep. Not to mention trophy quality is not the best it's definitely about the experience on this hunt. I've guided sheep hunts in units with good trophy potential and that are limited draw and our hunts didn't cost that much. It seems really high for what the hunt is.

Scottf270

WKR
I think people like Atchesons used to either guide or book hunts in the unlimiteds. Guides would go in, scout, locate, and sit on a legal ram. Hunter would come in and be ready at first light of first day. I talked to someone about it years ago when it was like $10,000.00.

MojaveJim

FNG
I'm going to give it a go, first started researching the Unlimited's about 15 years ago. Should have been by now but was hoping lightning would strike & would draw somewhere. I'm looking at it like it's probably the only way for a chance of sheep hunting in my lifetime. I'm more of a DIY hunter anyway & can't justify the cost of other options.

OP
tkhuntsman
I'm going to give it a go, first started researching the Unlimited's about 15 years ago. Should have been by now but was hoping lightning would strike & would draw somewhere. I'm looking at it like it's probably the only way for a chance of sheep hunting in my lifetime. I'm more of a DIY hunter anyway & can't justify the cost of other options.
Good luck

arwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
I was solicited today buy crosshair outfitters ( I don’t except soliciting sheep hunt from unknown sources)

Special Offer:
2023/2024 Seasons Montana Unlimited Area Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep Special $22,500 fully outfitted and guided. Don’t overlook this unique opportunity!

If you are after any species of North American Sheep send me a PM and I’ll connect you with proven operators I know, have personally hunted with and trust.

Sounds like an April Fools joke to me

Special Offer:

When you say solicited what do you mean? Like he texted you, called you, messaged you on a forum?

Yeah sounds odd for sure and the fact they had your info is suspect also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buzzy

WKR
It’s Crosshairs Consulting and they are a booking agent. He isn’t an actual outfitter. I’m guessing these hunts may be more appealing on a couple of levels. One the sheep numbers are way down in AK and you can’t find a hunt for under $25k that’s worth a darn. Sheep hunts in the NWT and Yukon are now close to $40k. So having someone find sheep in the US with an over the counter tag may look good to some folks. Especially if they have some descent success.

leachguy

FNG
I'm kicking the hunt around this year. I was set to do it 3 seasons ago, but life happened and didn't make it out. I'll be purchasing the tag, but up in the air if I'll get to it or not.

WCB

WKR
22.5K for UNLIMITED SHEEP? I know nothing about sheep hunting but that sounds absolutely insane to me! Why would you not take that kind of money and go buy an actual sheep hunt in Alaska or something?
Because if you want to shoot a Rocky more than likely you will die before you draw a tag in the U.S. or pay 3x to 4x that amount on a hunt in Canada with a lot of those sounding like the odds of shooting a ram are not much better. Dall Sheep hunts are easily going to almost double in the next few years. Stones are already 3x the amount of that Unlimited hunt. Odd thinking that Deserts will be the most affordable hunt not too soon.

Ran into a successful hunter 2 years ago while looking for goats. Heard the shot and saw him packing off the mountain. Very small ram but it was legal.

Anybody got any plans to give it a go this season. I've done it for a couple of years obviously unsuccessful but I was sheep hunting and loved every minute. I've even managed to find a few sheep. I'm definitely a glutton for punishment and will be dragging my 40 yo butt up into the high country again. You've only got so many opening days and some of mine might as well be sheep hunting. I've been applying in 3-4 states for 28 years and haven't drawn 1 yet hell I might get lucky and get one unlimited and never drawn who knows. Good luck to all you crazy buggars that will be joining me.
PM me what unit you'll be in- I am going to get a tag in the next week and just waiting to hear back from a biologist to confirm pros/cons between two units. Good luck!

MojaveJim

FNG
Donation or expensive exercise program. At least I'll have a chance of being the blind squirrel. Looking forward to learning the area, planning on 4 days before season for scouting & maybe a little fishing. Then 15 max for hunting, if it's not over a bit over the 48 hours after it opens. Anyway most of September is allotted so should get the most out of my donation.
So for the Grizzly situation, don't want to mess with spray so Glock 20 or S&W 329PD?

Montucky

WKR
Classified Approved
Donation or expensive exercise program. At least I'll have a chance of being the blind squirrel. Looking forward to learning the area, planning on 4 days before season for scouting & maybe a little fishing. Then 15 max for hunting, if it's not over a bit over the 48 hours after it opens. Anyway most of September is allotted so should get the most out of my donation.
So for the Grizzly situation, don't want to mess with spray so Glock 20 or S&W 329PD?
Glock 20 & an extra mag 1/2 filled

CMF

WKR
I'll be out there one day! Assuming I don't draw somewhere, which I'm sure I won't. I have some points to burn up and a few more years of getting the kids on some critters before I commit to this hunt. We will be sheep hunting this year though since the kids drew Barbary tags in NM!