Mountain Ops Update?

I was recently listening to an old Kifaru podcast, and the supplement company Mountain Ops was mentioned. I tried doing a little research and mainly find old reviews/feedback from pre-2020. Most of those reviews seem to be based largely on the image of the company and it’s marketing, and not the actual products. I was wondering if anyone has any more recent updates or reviews? My main concern is with the quality of the product, and not the advertising or marketing.

My interest was piqued when Aron said it tastes really good. I remember trying protein shakes 20 years ago and they were pretty hard to swallow. I recently got into working out again and would like to find something to add to my routine. I understand supplements will never replace quality lifestyle decisions and quality food, but at 35 years old I’ve come to terms with the fact that I don’t like a lot of healthy foods. I’m pretty good at limiting food intake, and eliminating bad foods like carbs and sugar, but I can’t make myself eat healthy alternatives if I don’t like the way they taste. After reviewing Mountain Ops products, I thought their Ammo might be a good meal replacement to try. If the label and ingredients are true, it would probably be a step up from my normal diet. I’m also interested in their Magnum protein powder. I like that I can pronounce everything on the ingredient label. A lot of the old reviews I read were leading guys to Optimum Nutrition supplements, but there’s quite a few ingredients on theirs that I can’t pronounce. I also read and like the idea of using one of their pre work outs (Yeti or Ignite) as just a water flavor to help with water intake. I don’t drink a lot of liquids in general, and it’s hard for me to force myself to drink enough if I’m not dying of thirst. A lot of the old reviews I read were guys just talking about how good it tastes. I’ve tried the stuff at grocery stores for flavoring water and most are terrible. At least the Mountain Ops says it has zero sugar…

I tried doing a search on google scholar but didn’t get very far with it. I’d like to know if there has been any 3rd party testing on their products. I know there are no regulations on the supplement industry, so it would be interesting to see the results if they exist.

My end goal is to find a palatable supplement without a bunch of fillers. I’m open to suggestions for other brands too. This is my first time down this rabbit hole in quite a few years and it’s already pretty overwhelming.

Thanks in advance.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
MTN OPs has been an advertiser here for many years. They used to send our writers a few products to try and review. Seemed like most passed the test and because all our reviews are linked into the forum, members could share their experiences too. Some like, some not. Management changed and we've not had the exposure to new products like before, and they don't post on the forum much, just run their ads.

Members can chime in with their current experiences on this thread, and it helpful you defined the products you're interested in. Someone has to have some experience.

One thing I can say, is they have staying power and pretty active at the Western Hunt Expo.

I’ve used their products. I would say they are on par with most of the other common supplement companies out today. Their protein is fairly easy to drink and taste pretty good. It’s not the best I’ve had but it’s one of the better ones.

Matt5266

WKR
I use Ignite both the powder in water and also their coffee ones in hot water. Both are good. I have liked every flavor I've tried and it definitely gives me a boost in energy with out crashing later. I will continue to use it.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I use Ignite both the powder in water and also their coffee ones in hot water. Both are good. I have liked every flavor I've tried and it definitely gives me a boost in energy with out crashing later. I will continue to use it.
speaking of Ignite, they give it out free in a pop machine at Expo and I've regretted drinking way too much on occassion!

sndmn11

WKR
I used to use their protein and some other products, and then had digestive issues. My Dr suggested I eliminate sucralose and I have zero scientific evidence about sucralose being the cause for my issues.

I now use and I feel significantly better...
https://www.ilikechike.com/collections/shop-all#natural-protein-coffee
https://gognarly.com/products/grass-fed-whey-protein
https://drinklmnt.com/

I have zero issues with MtnOps, their merino t-shirts are pretty nice, their marketing approach, or anything like that. Their flavors are good for sure and if it were not for my Dr's suggestion, I'd still likely be using their stuff.

MThuntr

WKR
The market is flooded with supplements and nearly all are designed to separate a person from their money. I tried MTN OPs nearly a decade ago and noticed a lot of their product were actually lagging behind many other companies for their nutrition profile (low protein to serving size/calories) or were on par but at a greater expense. I'd argue most perceived benefit from using supplements/protein is because you're more active when you use them.

Lots of shady marketing with basically zero oversight but sprinkle in some influencer dude-bros

I definitely participated in throwing shade on their marketing image in the past.

Lately, I have bought several containers of their Ignite and Yeti pre-workouts. I like them as well as any other I have had but probably mostly buy them because they're sold at a local store that I frequent. I'm a long-term pre-workout junkie so...

I've never tried their protein/meal replacement powders so I can't comment on those. My buddy had some of their hydration mix this season and I enjoyed it.

All in, I would say it seems like their products are as good as any but likely not a lot different. I will keep buying it until I find something else to tickle my fancy.

OP
H
I appreciate everyone's feedback. A lot more positive than I was expecting based on older reviews.

I've used mt ops products for about 7 or 8 years. I first heard about it during a very early bowmen podcast.
I used the vanilla ammo and strawberry banana yeti as my morning shake and loved it. I also use enduro and ignite and find the flavor better than jocko fuel or wilderness athlete.
Unfortunately mt ops has discontinued my favorite flavors. Now I use jocko fuel and his protein powder as a daily morning shake. Not as good flavor wise but it's ok.

Bearsears

WKR
Not to hijack but has anybody had experience running both with and without Enduro and did you notice any benefits/difference?

nickstone

WKR
I've used a variety of their products on and off since probably around 2016. Their ads and all the influencer non sense did get a little ridiculous for a while, not sure if they've toned it down as a company, or if I just don't pay as much attention to that stuff these days.

All of the products I've tried seem fairly comparable in quality to any other main stream supplements I've tried over the years, and I get a decent discount off them. Those 2 things have been the main reasons I've continued to purchase them.

My favorite products are probably Ignite, and Enduro. I like that they've come out with the Ignite lite too.
The protein powders and bars are comparable to most others on the market.

I also like the chai slumber to help get to sleep sometimes.

Bearsears

WKR
I've used a variety of their products on and off since probably around 2016. Their ads and all the influencer non sense did get a little ridiculous for a while, not sure if they've toned it down as a company, or if I just don't pay as much attention to that stuff these days.

All of the products I've tried seem fairly comparable in quality to any other main stream supplements I've tried over the years, and I get a decent discount off them. Those 2 things have been the main reasons I've continued to purchase them.

My favorite products are probably Ignite, and Enduro. I like that they've come out with the Ignite lite too.
The protein powders and bars are comparable to most others on the market.

I also like the chai slumber to help get to sleep sometimes.
Nick can you tell me what your experience is with Enduro? Ive been considering trying it on my running and cardio days. Ive been using Yeti and Ignite forever. Curious if there would be a benefit from Enduro for my running. Thanks

nickstone

WKR
Nick can you tell me what your experience is with Enduro? Ive been considering trying it on my running and cardio days. Ive been using Yeti and Ignite forever. Curious if there would be a benefit from Enduro for my running. Thanks
I use it later in the day because it doesn't have caffeine. I'm not a runner, but during workouts or hikes I do notice increased blood flow when using it.

I think the best way to describe it would be it's just like Ignite, except without the caffeine and nootropics.

I'm pretty sure they have sample packs if you just wanted to pick up a few to try.

ChrisA

WKR
I'd never used supplements before and tried thier products back when they had the Rokslide 20% promocode. They tasted ok and mixed well and I dropped a small fortune on them. Then they quit giving us a discount so I quit giving them or any other supplement company my business. I use coffee for caffeine and real food for the rest of my nutrients now. I love the taste of charred beef.

Current user of their Protein and Yeti Mode. Work fine. Taste's good. I don't know that it's better or worse than anything else out there.

TheHammer

WKR
I use their ignite pretty much 7days a week as my morning drink. It’s pretty much my drug of choice, with 7 or 8 tubs on hand. I also have a handful of their protein bars on hand that I eat as breakfast. My workouts are in the morning. Both of those are consumed immediately after in my vehicle on the way to work. I didn’t care for their protein. 1st phorm protein is “better”. I didn’t like their creatine either, gave me the forbidden creatine gut. Their clothes are decent, I like the jacket I have and merino top. Their multi-v has a good blend.

** I should add that I use their solitude as part of my adapting to altitude process come elk/mule deer seasons. I use their hydration packs and electrolyte packs with good results.

Last edited:

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I like their ignite but that’s the only thing I like from them. I bought one of their bundles a few years ago that had protein, some pills, pre workout etc and I did t really like any of the stuff. Their pre workout really made me hit a slump a few hours later and the protein didn’t seem any better than any other.

I hardly mess with supplements other than some noxplod before morning cardio. My recovery drink is jus optimum nutrition gold standard mixed with instant coffee.