Most common field position on big game animals?

Most common field position on animals?

• Prone

Votes: 40 41.2%
  • Seated

Votes: 36 37.1%
  • Kneeling

Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Standing

Votes: 12 12.4%

• Total voters

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Most of my shots are prone, but I prefer prone so go there as my first choice. Since its quick to drop and make a stable shot in many many situations (never understood the folks that act like finding a prone shot is rare). That said if I enjoyed shooting sitting or such more so then many shots that work out prone for me could likely be done sitting (or something else) if that was my preference.

I fully admit I need to spend more time shooting field positions to impose lots more muscle memory for alternatives to prone. Prone is often viable imho but also not inherently necessary in many of the cases I use it.

I’ve killed most of my big game off hand standing. Only a couple prone, couple off the knee. I’m most prepared to take a nice prone shot but it rarely happens for me on public blacktail country. After the noise of opening day most of my bucks have been killed jumping them out of their hiding spots. Gotta be quick on the gun and hit a moving target. Shot a bunch of pigs on the move and pigs with dogs after em also.